Planning Ahead

0:01 AM
The Colony - One Day after H's unexpected Visit

N groaned as he stretched himself. He'd laid down on Uzi's bed and stared at the ceiling. Pages with wild drawings and random information were scattered all over it and connected with red pins and a red string. The disassembly drone frowned and sat up. "V and Thad are gone for a while now..." The words lingered in the air for a second before the worker drone across the room reacted. "Well they are testing solutions on corpses outside the colony... of course it'll take them some time..." She walked over to the bed and sat down next to N. "You know... There may not be a solution to this problem. Maybe you guys really have to go back to... the company." N's eyes hollowed when Uzi mentioned going back. "B-But what if they set us back to factory settings, you know? Making us go back down here to disassemble you guys."

Uzi frowned. "I'm sure your memories will survive atleast a single factory reset. In your system there is a secure folder which stores most of the important moments. The wipe will remove any data recorded and remembered from missions, except those inside that designated folder."
N sighed and laid back down. "I'm not so sure... I can barely remember what I did before the mission even began. However I somehow recalled the drone that did this to me. Maybe he used to be a friend?" There was a short silence before Uzi reacted. "You knew the extermination commando's leading officer?!"

"I believe so... I called him 'H'. Why?" Uzi grinned at N. "This might seem crazy, but if we are able to convince him to fight with us we'll one-hundered percent be able to destroy humanity! I've noticed some drones coming to the colony after their's had been wiped by some kind of special operations commando. They call them the exterminators!" Uzi took a deep breath before continuing. "Just think of how powerful he is!" She stood back up and began pacing around her room. "I need to write this down!" 

N stared at his friend. Now he was the one bewildered by the whole situation. "And how would we convince someone that's so devoted to the company, that he'll even disassemble disassembly drones?!" The male drone tilted his head and cocked one of his eyebrows. "Well... I'll think about it. But first! We need to go here!" Uzi placed her finger on a map. N stood up and trotted over to her. "Camp 98 .7?" He asked. "What's over there?" Uzi completely spaced out for a second as she connected two dots. Suddenly she grinned at N. Now there was nothing holding her enthusiasm back anymore. "I believe there to be a secret research facility! We could even find a solution to your... head problem there!" Uzi and N stared at each other for a second. The male drone suddenly felt a similar feeling to human adrenaline rushing through his body. His eyes widened and he shined with happiness. The two drones embraced each other and began jumping up and down.

Just then the door to Uzi's room opened and V walzed into the scene. She gasped and a sinister frown immediately formed on her visor. "Am I... interrupting something?" N let go of Uzi and rushed over to V, embracing her aswell. The female's anger vanished in an instant and a warm feeling overtook her. "Uzi and me found a way to repair ourselves! We need to go to a camp and-" He cut himself off as a realized what he was doing. Awkwardly he let go of his female counterpart and rubbed his left arm. "Sorry." V sighed and shook her head. "It's ok N, you were talking about some camp."

Before N could continue Uzi butted in. "Yeah, there's some kind of secret research facility there. We might find a way to repair you guys." The worker drone gave V a weak smile, trying to get a good mood going. The attempt was quickly shot down as V gave Uzi a glare. The thick air made it almost impossible to start a new conversation. The silence dragged one for a mere minute before Thad finally spoke up. "Sooo... where's this camp that houses said research facility?" Uzi blinked at him before enthusiastically waving him over to her desk. "Right here! See? It's a bit of a trip from our current position to be honest, and we can't really go missing for multiple days. Otherwise my dad would quickly come to the conclusion that we were disassembled." Thad nodded in agreement. "Right... so..."