Chapter twenty-five

6 months ago

6 months ago

"jj I swear to god if you splash me again I'll kill you" pope exclaims as jj thrashes him with the salty ocean water.

"Such children" kiara mutters from besides me, making me let out a giggle. The waves hitting against my bare thighs softly.

"Such children" i repeat, watching the three boys in front of us splash each other childishly.

"What was that princess?" jj asks with a grin, raising a brow at me.

I notice his hands in the water, cupping around one another other like he's ready to throw water at me.

"jj don't you dare" I warn, stumbling back away from him.

"Huh? I don't think I heard you" He laughs before splashing me in the face with water, the salty taste invading my mouth.

I let out a shriek as the cold water cascades down my skin, John b laughing hysterically from besides the blonde.

"You're in for it" I say while wiping the sea water away from my eyes.

"Better catch me first" jj jokes, thrashing his way through the ocean to get away from me.

I chase behind him, the water rising up to my waist, bringing a chill through my body.

I move my hand through the waves, splashing the boy over his bare back and hair.

He turns around, a playful grin etched on his face, "oh you really wanna go there?" he asks before pouncing for me, dunking us both under.

Moments later we both emerge from the water, our bodies completely drenched head to toe.

"Asshole" I say, ringing out my soaked hair with my hands.

"Sorry princess" he chuckles, wiping a wet strand of hair from my face.

I smile as I feel his soft touch, our eyes locking for a moment.

"It's okay" I whisper back quietly, watching as his gaze flickers down to my wet lips momentarily.

"Come on you two!" Pope shouts, interrupting... well whatever that was.

I clear my throat and pull my eyes away from him, looking over at my three friends now standing on the sand.

"Let's go" I mumble before making my way out of the water, jj following close behind me.