9 Family dinner

Chahat's POV

Chahat's POV

It's Saturday evening, Grandma El invited us for family dinner. Back in the day family dinners were filled with so much fun and laughter that the excitement to see them all and eat a meal with them has kept me on my toes all day.

I wore a full sleeves yellow dress and black heels to go with them. Harvey has been in his home office the entire day, and I had to control the urge to bang on the door and tell him to get ready for the dinner so that we can go right now.

At seven when his door finally opens and he walks down in a black button down and trousers, my knees go weak. He looks devastatingly handsome and the way his body moves makes something flutter in my core. I remember sitting in his lap, how his thighs felt, how his tattooed arms flexed and his strong shoulders under my fingers. I remember every touch. Eleven years have done him so good.

His gaze meets mine as he enters the bedroom and finds me sitting on the bed all dressed up.

"How kind of you to finally make yourself part from your precious work." the words are out of my mouth even before I know it. He narrows his eyes and walks towards me to stand in front of me. His intimidating height doesn't scare me, the excitement has made me brave.

"What exactly did I do to deserve your smart assessment?" he asks.

"That day at Gramp's home you taunted me about punctuality because I was fifteen minutes late. When was the last time you checked the time?" I ask him.

"The time? Why? Do we have a meeting today? It's Saturday I don't recall a meeting." he replies and I want to punch him so hard and honestly, Grandma El will support me if she comes to know that he forgot the family dinner.

I cross my arms over my chest to glare at him hard. "Exactly, it's Saturday. Grandma El invited us to the family dinner tonight."

"I told her we are busy. I am going to avoid the family dinners for as long as I can. I told you the moment we entered this house that I don't want my family to see you as one of them." his words make my hands fall to my sides and it takes everything in me to not burst into tears.

"Right, you don't want them to see me as your wife because that place is for someone else, and after this sham is over in five years you don't want your future wife to live under my shadow." I blurt out and his eyes widen as he checks me out. Realising I am dressed up, for him, for his family.

"I am going to see a friend." I lie, not wanting him to think the obvious. I turn to walk out of the room. A yelp escapes me, when he pulls me back to his chest with his arm around my waist. His touch sending tingles all over my body.

"Liar" he whispers in my ear, his breath hitting my neck making my heart sprint unhealthily.

"Let me go" my voice is merely a whisper, as I try to get out of his hold. In one swift move he turns me around and our chests collide together. My hands land on his chest to create some distance between us. He covers my hands with his and I feel his heart hammering as fast as mine.