252: North, South, East, West, and Central

The other teams also faced the same challenges Lin Sanjiu's team faced. It was a fantasy to think they could find five books among nearly four million books just by pure manpower. Under such circumstances, the different teams developed different strategies.

Obviously, the people who arrived didn't simply want to check if the required books were in the central hall.

"If that's the case, what is their strategy? At this point, it was impossible that anyone had already found a book. Why are they so eager to take action?"

"I am not sure which team they're from, but I am sure it is one of the three teams who arrived earlier than us," Lin Sanjiu couldn't figure out their motives. At that moment, her ability to remain calm and cooler-headed as the dangers around them mounted had never been more prominent. As her skinless jaw opened slightly, she spoke quickly and softly, "The three teams who arrived earlier are the only groups who know we are hiding in the central hall. Secondly, they could use that few minutes of darkness to move. That clearly shows they already knew it would take a few minutes before the lights were switched on at night. Let's not forget the three teams ahead of us had already been waiting for 2 days! I am uncertain how many members they have as I don't have a clear view of them. But, if they dare to approach us, I guess they have at least three or more members."

The fact that Lin Sanjiu could suddenly speak and the alarming information she was delivering to them gave the siblings more than a small shock. As a result, they momentarily didn't think to ask her how she knew what she knew. After a few long seconds, Rena regained her composure and asked quietly, "Where are they? Why can't I see them?"

"They're still quite far from us. They are now near bookshelf 80 something. They have split up and are moving from two different directions toward us..." Lin Sanjiu carefully examined the image in her Higher Consciousness. "They're walking very slowly and stealthily. I don't think they figured out that we already discovered them."

After Lin Sanjiu could speak, the siblings accepted her decisions wholeheartedly. "What should we do?"

Lin Sanjiu herself didn't expect that her Higher Consciousness would choose to develop a different body structure first. Her throat, vocal cords, blood vessels, windpipe, and esophagus could be seen clearly. She only understood what had happened when she heard Mrs. Mana's draggy voice saying, "Ah, how exhausting."

"Let's go along with it," Lin Sanjiu focused her attention, once again, on the few vague figures creeping toward them. "Since they haven't figured us out, we can use guerrilla tactics."

"If they have around the same number of people as us, we can launch a counterattack based on the situation. If they have more people, we can try to evade them and secretly leave the central hall. But where we should head next is also problematic."

Over the past few hours, they did not notice any conflict. This would mean there was a high chance that each of the five teams was hidden in the five different sections of the library, which explained why there hadn't been any confrontations yet.

If they could successfully escape from the central hall, they still didn't know which wing they should go to. Even if they avoided the east wing, where Silvan's team was, they still had to choose from three paths.

"If we know where this team surrounding us came from, we can go to the wing they were originally from. It should be empty right now," Reno added thoughtfully.

The east wing was at the upper left corner of the library; the west wing was on the lower left. The south wing was on the upper right corner, and the north wing was on the lower right corner. According to the layout, the central hall was the same distance from each of the four wings. It was convenient to reach the central hall from any of the wings so they couldn't judge the direction that their enemy actually came from.