Friday's at The Den.

Taiga couldn't hold her smile when the Hunter took of his mask. He didn't look at her though. But she didn't mind, all she needs is to look at his eyes.

"You are staring." Ian smacked at her head playfully.

"No... I am not." She puffed her cheeks a little. "I am just paying close attention."

He laughed wholeheartedly. " Okay okay. I will pretend to believe you." He stepped away carrying a serving of tromorfic worms.

A beep at her wrist device called her to another table, this one had a group of five Grogons. A toad like creatures.

"Hie can I assist y'all ?"

"Young Lady... Do tell us, that boy was carrying a tray full of tromorfic worms?" The female Grogon was barely holding the droll on her big mouth.

"Yes." Taiga smiled . " I would be happy to get some for you, if you like."

"Are they freshy?"

"They arrived just this afternoon." She offered confidently.

" I mean ..." The female started but was interrupted by the male on her right.

" We enjoy they really fresh. Alive and squirming."

Practice and willpower gave Taiga the strength to remain with a neutral expression, but on the inside she contorted in disgust. " Oh, yes we do have this option."

'I love my job. I love my job'. She repeated mentally over and over again. Tromorfic worms were disgusting, they smelled bad and made a quenching noise that was hard to ignore.  She place the Grogons order and gave Ian a heads-up.  Taiga didn't had time to feel the  discomfort. Her wrist device was beeping. The night had picked up its pace. She was serving lavender beer to a group of exomorphis when table Twenty one called for her.

" More c'ntlip ?" She offered smiling to the duo.

" You are unwell." It was not a question.

" I am a little tired tonight, Sir." She answered truthfully looking into his mesmerizing eyes. Once again she caught herself questioning how could such eyes exists.

"Ooman, you should know that staring directly into one's eyes is a direct invitation to challenge," his voice dropped a note. "Do you seek to challenge me?"

"Wha—" Taiga was momentarily caught off guard, her breath hitching as his demeanor shifted. "No...Not at all... I..." Collecting herself, she took a deep breath. "I don't wish to disrespect you, Sir... It's just... You have the most captivating eyes I've ever seen." A blush tinged her cheeks as she lowered her gaze to the floor, acutely aware of the scoffing laugh emanating from the other hunter.

His chest visibly swell at her statement. " You have an eye for excellency, as expected." Her blush deepens. " You must rest. Your temperature is higher than what is normal for your kind."

" I appreciate your concern, Sir." Taiga felt something stir inside her. Something good." I will rest when I get home later." She looked at her beeping wrist device. " Is there anything else I can get for you?"

" Another round of C'ntlip." The smallest of the duo answered this time. Taiga bowed and made her way to place their order.

Glancing at the time, she realized there were still two more hours to endure. Acknowledging the hunter's assessment, she admitted to herself that she wasn't well. Aches pulsed through her body, and her focus wavered. Tempted by the thought of another energy drink, she ultimately decided against it; at this point, it seemed more likely to do harm than good.