Fourteen

Kyasha had been waiting, waiting for the pain. For the week of torture that would come every month.

During which she could do nothing but lie on her bed and wish it all away.

She loved her life, she really did. She loved waking up in the morning to the sun reflecting off the due on the morning grass.

As the fog slowly rolled bake into the mountains like a carpet of clouds only meant for the early risers.

She loves planting flowers and seeing all the homes and food they provide the little bees and insects of the garden.

She loves going to bed, being able to see the stars through her window. And the breeze that carried the smells of the forests into her room that pulled her to sleep every night.

But for that one week every month Kyasha would trade all of it to just be able to get up and make her own food.

Then one month the pain never came. The one blessing of her cycle was that it was always on time. Always.

From week one, not a month has passed that it didn't show up on the exact day. And yet this month it didn't.

The possibility that she was reverting to only having her cycle once a year was a possibility. Yet just the week before the aches were making themself known.

Back pain, pelvic aches, drowsiness, irritability. They were all signs of the upcoming period. And still, it never came.

So out of sheer desperation she peed on barley. How out of all of the different ways to prove a pregnancy that one came to mind first was beyond her.

Still it worked. The seeds were then quick to sprout. So the only thing left to do was tell her husband.

How was the problem? It's not like she knew who the father was.

Either way she wants all of her children to treat her spouses as parents. None of this only being acknowledged by their bio father.

Lucky on her part, there seemed to be a natural way of telling them. They were all so adamant on moving out before the king started up with any of his ideas.

And they all looked so cute. Working together like they were, she hated to burst the bubble but she needed to.

Traveling while pregnant was never a good idea in her old world where they at least had laws to abide by.

But in a world like this one, where even a infertile female was highly sought after. A pregnant female could get her entire party and family killed.

She would not be letting that happen.

So after the initial freak out they came to a compromise.

If Kyasha let her mates call a doctor to check her out, as well as let them baby her. They would wait until after Curtis comes out of hibernation before moving out of the city.

"I'll go get the doctor, just. . . Just wait here. Ok?" Muir rushed out, not forgetting to kiss Kyasha on the forehead.

"Do you need anything I. . I don't know what I'm doing." Curtis drifted off into a mumble as he left the room.

Supposedly to do something productive but Kyasha couldn't really hear him at that point.

Winston seemed to be the only one who knew what he was doing. Slowly he lifted Kyasha off the couch where they had taken refuge after losing their collective minds.

He then carried her up to their shared bedroom and laid her on the bed. Where he then went to the closest to bring out the softest blanket they owned.

Kyasha was a sucker for soft things, but she refused to dirty her favorite comforter with daily use.