~Chapter 16~

~Next day~

The families were sitting together.
The sangeet and wedding had days left.

Just then Sulaksha said, " It's so irresponsible on Rishi's behalf. responsibility li hai, toh puri toh karni chahiye na. Par madam, gayab hi hogayi hai. "

Rajnish asked, "Ranveer, kaha hai woh? Do din ho gaye kuch ata pata nahi hai uska. Ghar mei shadi hai, aur woh.. "

Just then the heard the voice of the soon to be couple, they turned to see that Aadheesh was walking in his formal wear, while Nishita followed him, saying something, with a grumpy face.
"Aadhi, it's our wedding. Office jana jaroori hai kya? "
"It's not like we are getting married today. We have time for that Nishi. And work can't be left like that na! Understand, please! ", he said as he straitened his suit.
" Par Aadhi..
"Kya huwa Nishi beta? ", Rajnish asked.
" Dekhye na Dadu! He is going to work. ", Nishita complained as she hugged his grandpa, across his arm.
" Aadhi, beta yeh toh galat hai! ", Rajnish said.
" Dadu.. I..

Aadheesh was about to reason out when their attention went to the clicking of the heels as the figure that they all were waiting for, entered.

"Rishi!! ", Ridhi said as she went to her child.
The families followed.
" Tu thik toh hai na, beta? Kaha thi tu? ", Ridhi questioned.
Rishita ensured her mother that she was alright.
She looked at her bhai, who too gave her a reassuring look.

("It's so irresponsible on Rishi's behalf. If she took the responsibility,then she has to fulfill it na. But no, ma'am just disappeared.")
("Ranveer, where is she?
She is not anywhere to be seen in the past two days! There's a wedding in the house and..")
("Aadhi, it's our wedding. Is it necessary to go to the office? ")

(" But Aadhi.. ")
(" What happened,Nishi? ")
(" See na Dadu! He is going to work. ")
(" Aadhi, child, this is wrong! ")
(" Dadu.. I.. )

("Are you alright child? Where were you? ")

Aadheesh looked at her intently. She looked drained.
" Tum thik ho? ", he asked all out of the blue. He was concerned. He did try his ways to find her, but he got no info.
Even today, the main reason to visit office was to see if he could get any information regarding her, since he understood it very well that Ranveer wouldn't tell him anything.

Rishita stared at him. He dressed in that suit. Godly. That's the word she felt.
But then her mind wondered to her fears. No.
She shaked her head as she said looking at her parents, "I have to leave! "

"Uh? ", everyone was confused.

Aadheesh was taken aback.

" I need to return back. Something urgent came up. ", she further reasoned out.
" What do you even mean by that Rishi.
You came for my wedding. You can't go like that. Shadi tak rukh rahi hai tu.I want you to see me and Aadhi become one. That's it. ", Nishita was quick to argue.
" I am sorry, but I have to! ", Rishita said.

" What no! Not happening at all. ", Nishita was adamant.
" Beta, Tu itne salo baad aayi hai. Iss shadi ke khatir pura parivaar sath hai. Please rukh ja na! ", Rishita heard Rajnish speak.
" Dadu, I can't. I have to go! ", Rishita tried making them understand.
" Tu janti hai na, the wedding can't happen without the..
Rishita cut Rajnish as she spoke, "I attended half of rhe wedding, Dadusa.
Had it not been important, I wouldn't have. But it is. So I have to leave. "
"Tu toh aise baat kar rahi hai, jaise Xander's tere bin chalta hi nahi hai. They are there to handle,Rishita. ", Rajdeep said.

(" Are you alright? ")
(" What do you even mean by that Rishi.
You came for my wedding. You can't go like that.You are staying till the wedding.I want you to see,me and Aadhi become one. That's it.")
("Child, you returned after so long. Everyone's together, for this wedding. Please stay! ")
("You know na, the wedding cannot.. ")
(" You are taking as if Xander's won't function without you! They are there to handle,Rishita.")

Rishita just kept quiet.
Ranveer came to her rescue, " Flight kab hai, chotti? "
"Aaj sham ko bhai! ", she was quick to reply.She lied. Obviously. But that was necessary.

" Let me help you with the packing. ", Ranveer said as he took her hand and started walking to her room.

Raghbir and Ridhi stood rooted. Their children were again going away from them. And again, they were helpless.
Tears flowed down their eyes.

Aadheesh, he was numb.

(" When is the flight, chotti? ")
("Today evening, bhai! ")

~Aadheesh's POV~

She cant leave like that right?
She just can't.
She came, created a turmoil inside me, and now is leaving.
This is not done. Not at all.
How can she?

I heard nothing.
I couldn't take it.
I couldn't see her leave all and disappear like she did back then.
I left from there.

Alok was with me. He drove as I sat, contemplating what was happening inside me. It was all a mess. A total mess.

Sawar raha tha mei khudko, par tum phir aayi, aur tabah kar phir ja rahi ho!

"Take to Hotel Acro, I have a meeting with Mr. Das there! ", I told Alok.
But I was not in my senses. I was not.
Everything felt unwanted.
I wanted to scream and cry. But why?
I don't know why!
I just wanted to.

--------------------------------------------------------------

~Author's POV~

The meeting took a lot of time of Aadheesh.
Mr. Das was a gullible person, who would time and again, go beyond the motive and the meeting. Though Aadheesh would bring him back to the point without offending him, but still it took more than Aadheesh had expected it to.

After the meeting got over, Aadheesh rang to his driver.
Alok had left back then only, after dropping Aadheesh.

Aadheesh was in the lobby, when his phone rang.
It was Nishita. He took a deep breath as he picked the call up.
"Hello Aadhi! ", He heard the excited voice of Nishita.
" Hello! "
"Aadhi, kab tak wapas aah rahe ho! "
"It's work, Nishita. Please stop nagging. "
"Aadhi.. I just..
" I understand you are excited for all of this, but you need to understand this thing, my work is my first priority. So, stop bothering me about it.
I might sound rude, but you yourself know it very well, I don't like anyone meddling around in my business, so please. ", he finally said, as he cut the call off.
He was already way too much irritated.
And Nishita was just adding in to his frustration.

Just then, he felt two small arms around his legs.
" Baba! "

("Aadhi, when will you return! ")

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay,
So here are we!!! ✨

What do you think will happen next? 😶

Aadheesh's reaction?
Will he accept or will he not? 🤔

Toh, the thing is,
I need some motivation. Like serious motivation, toh please show some love.
Vote and comment! 🕊

Baki,
Hope the chapter was good enough. 🥰
Love Love ❤