Prologue - The inside story of the novel

Read the endnotes, please

So went the story inside the novel.

One day, the world was faced with a calamity.

Towers and dungeons appeared out of nowhere, bringing monsters with them, and these monsters attacked humans, plunging the world into disaster.

Especially on the Korean peninsula... where it became a region where dungeons and towers appeared non-stop. And the monster attacks were worse than in any other country.

As described in the novel, "it was literally hell".

But from within the darkness, the brightest lights emerged.

In the novel, these 'lights' were called "heroes".

Korea fought the monsters using the power of the heroes. Gradually they managed to take control of the towers and dungeons. And using the industry created around the calamity as a driving force, they managed to recover from this crisis.

Time passed, and Korea became a global power that rivaled the United States. Thus becoming a country in the spotlight, where heroes from all over the world met.

As a safety measure against the rise of monsters and dungeons, Korea founded an institution of heroes, cutting-edge magic and state-of-the-art magical engineering.

It was called the "Cube".

The Cube is where hero cadets from all over the world who have managed to pass an unbelievably difficult test gather.

And it's where the hero who saved the world is, along with his rival.

That was all just an explanation of the whole historical context.

[Kim Suho] 17-27 years old in the story

An honest man who works hard for his goals. Although he comes from an ordinary background, he possesses extraordinary character and talent. A genius whose name is known throughout the military academy, he possesses a sense of justice and other characteristics befitting a true hero. What's more, Kim Suho carries a special secret that he hasn't revealed to anyone.

[Shin Jonghak] - 17 - 27 years old in history

A fourth generation descendant of the Jinsung Corporation, one of Korea's largest conglomerates that is always vying for market leadership. As the son of a very wealthy family, he is narcissistic and elitist. Because of his personality and the feeling of inferiority he feels towards Kim Suho, he later becomes a villain in the story.

"I have to be the best. I can't tolerate anyone being above me." With all his willpower, he confronts Kim Suho.

These two are the main characters in the novel I read.

Although there were many characters, like any other novel or book, describing them all was impossible. However, this novel was very close to the real world in terms of the number of people, as there were billions, although, of course, there is no role for all those billions of people.

Unless the characters had "important roles" like the heroine or the sidekick, naming a character wasn't necessary.

Now, why am I mentioning all this?

It's actually quite simple.

I remember being in the ship's room after the special island survival exam was over, reading the last released chapter of this Korean novel that was released, which was apparently paused.

However...

Seoul Heroes Association Agents' Military Academy. Graduation of the Class of 2024. Rank 1 Cadet: Kim Suho.