Chapter 6 - Clues and Intrigues

Hey guys. I came back for another chapter. Please read the end notes for this one, it's a bit important :)

Don't forget to comment on parts you find interesting and at the end of the chapter, this really cheers me up.

[Training Combat Tuesday, Labyrinth Exploration.]

Inside a dark cave created by Cube, Yoo Yeonha, and the rest of team 5 were in the midst of our combat training.

We were in an artificial dungeon designed after a dark maze. The goal of the training was to navigate through the maze full of undead monsters and reach its center. Since the fog was created through mana with the dark attribute, even heroes would find it difficult to illuminate the cave.

However, that was no problem for us, thanks to me.

"Just follow me and we'll be fine."

Mile Vision wasn't affected by distance or obstacles. That, of course, included illumination.

"Let me guess, you've got good eyes?" Yoo Yeonha sarcastically asked but followed behind me along with Hoseung and Hazuki.

"Who knows?"

"Tsk."

This whole exam was quite easy, so we won't have any problems.

"We've got a very reliable person on our team, how lucky," Jin Hoseung spoke with an excited voice as he walked.

I had the chance to test out the increased attack power of my Mana Bullet on the undead that appeared along the way. I wasn't very surprised that just one mana bullet was enough to blow up the undead's body regardless of where I hit, but I couldn't say the same for the other three.

Hoseung was the most excited and surprised, saying various things. Hazuki, she was a bit more reserved, though her face showed that she too was quite surprised. The least surprised was Yeonha. Her mind seemed to be full of things to think about, so she didn't say anything.

Following my lead, we quickly reached the center of the maze. I didn't see anyone there except Kim Soohyuk, our instructor.

That meant we were the first team to arrive.

"Oh, that's a bit unexpected," Kim Soohyuk murmured. "Team 5. 17 minutes and 34 seconds. First place."

"First place...?" Yoo Yeonha murmured in surprise.

At the same time, Jin Hoseung and Hazuki applauded.

"Whoo. It's all thanks to you. You really do have great eyes."

"It's thanks to you, Ayanokouji!"

"It was nothing special. Since we've come in first, we can rest a bit while we wait for the others," I said as I walked over to a nearby rock and leaned against it.

Hoseung and Hazuki began chatting animatedly with each other.

Meanwhile, Yoo Yeonha walked over to me before stopping by my side, also leaning against the same rock. There's surely a lot on her mind, this is the best time to talk a little with me. I didn't try to distance myself, but I also didn't initiate any conversation.

If she wanted to talk to me, it was up to her to start the conversation.

"...Hey."

She spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Are you really confident that Yun Hyuk is a Djinn?" She asked in a low tone just for me to hear.