seventeen. misunderstanding

( ⋆·˚ ༘ * IN BETWEEN , WALKER SCOBELL )
❝ i don't want to talk to you ❞

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *  IN BETWEEN , WALKER SCOBELL     )❝ i don't want to talk to you ❞

——— WALKER'S POV ⭐️

2 days earlier,
before the argument

"THAT'S A STUPID IDEA! NO WAY AM I GOING TO TALK TO PHOEBE." i exclaimed after matt told me the ultimate plan on how to get phoebe to back off.

his plan was for me to talk to phoebe alone, go on a little walk and tell her that i don't like her that way and i'm happy with rowan — even if we're not official.

"oh come on walker! it's the only way you're going to get this girl to leave you alone." matt sighed, shrugging his shoulders. i pursed my lips knowing that he was right.

"but what if rowan see's us and thinks the wrong thing?" i thought of the what if's, i didn't want to mess things between rowan and i. that was the last thing i wanted to do.

"trust me bro, it won't." i trusted matt, but part of me had this feeling this whole plan if his would turn into a mess.

i stood in front of phoebe's hotel room, hesitating to knock. rowan had texted me earlier if i wanted to hang out and still talk about what happened last night but i told her i was busy and had plans with matt.

maybe that wasn't the smartest idea on earth.

i built up the courage to knock on the door, patiently waiting as i shove my hands into my pockets. the door opened to reveal the blonde girl herself and her cheeks went red.

"walker? i wasn't expecting you to come here." she softly said. i believe that phoebe was a good person, she just isn't used to not getting what she wants i guess.

"um yeah, i wanted to talk to you if that's okay?" i asked her, pursing my lips. phoebe looked behind her, guessing her mom said she could go and she quickly closes the door.

we walked down the hallway, complete awkward silence consumed the aura around us. once we took a step outside, i spoke up.

"uh, so phoebe." i started, scratching the back of my neck nervously. from the corner of my eye i could see her tilt her head at me. "i don't know how to say this..but i know you like me. you're not really the most subtle person on earth especially with your rivalry with rowan."

i glanced at her and she had a shocked expression. she didn't know what to say, speechless. "and i just wanted to say that i'm sorry."

"why?" she questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"because i don't feel the same way." i let out a sigh, giving her a sympathetic look when her face fell with disappointment. "i'm sure you're a really nice girl, i just have someone else."

"it's rowan, right?" she asked. i looked into her eyes for some sort of hatred for rowan but all i saw was hurt. "it's fine walker, really. i should've known from the start that it would always be rowan."

"i'm really sorry phoebe. i hope we can still be close friends?" i gave her a hopeful expression and she stayed quiet for a moment. god, i'm a bad person i feel so bad!

"sure." she shrugged her shoulders. "i'd rather friends than nothing, right?"

a smile tugged at my lips and i nodded my head. "also, maybe don't rival with rowan. she's quite the hothead."

phoebe lets out a laugh. "oh i could tell." she looked down at the ground. "wanna tell me about her?"

"are you sure?"

"yeah, makes me want to get over you faster."

phoebe and i walked back to the hotel. matt's plan wasn't stupid after all since it worked. phoebe was going to back off and it also developed some sort of friendship between us.

when we walked into the hotel, i told her a joke and she laughed at it. i didn't notice a certain brunette girl standing in the lobby until i heard matt's voice say her name.

my head perks up, my heart breaking at the sight of tears in her eyes and a hurt look on her face. crap! this wasn't supposed to happen.

"rowan—" i tried to call after her, stepping forward and she dropped the bag in her hand and ran. of course i ran after her because i wanted to explain this.

i understand how she would get the wrong idea, that's why i needed to tell her it wasn't what it looked like. "rowan please hear me out." i grabbed her wrist.

"walker i don't want to." she mumbled, staring at me with tears in her eyes. i frowned. "please et me go."

"not until you let me explain— this is all a misunderstanding!" i desperately yell, feeling tears prick my eyes.

she lets out a scoff, shaking her head. "misunderstanding? you lied to me!" she exclaims with a crack in her voice. rowan ripped her wrist away from me and i tried to reach for her again but she steps back.

"no rowan, it's not what you think."

"i'm so stupid! of course you didn't like me, it was all a joke and you like phoebe! thanks for leading me on walker." she turned, walking away from me.

"rowan." i whispered, my chest feeling tight. i was given some sort of hope when she looked over her shoulder. but no, the next few words that came out of her mouth stabbed me in the heart.

"you know out of all people, i would have never guessed it would be you that would break my heart."

i took a deep breath to collect myself. i thought this plan wouldn't work out but if you had told me that rowan would hate me 2 days after, i would have never gone along with matt's stupid plan

——— ROAN SPEAKS ! 🧸

and so there's walker side of
the story!! ya'll better not hate
seaweed brain anymore, my boy
made a small mistake and his
intentions weren't bad.

NEXT CHAPTER THEY'RE BACK