Power

6 years old, Damien
She was standing in the middle of the schoolyard, her small figure casting a long shadow on the ground.
Thousands of feet had made the paving stones round and slippery.
I cautiously stalked her, careful not to make any noise.

A light summer breeze puffed her light blue dress and her narrow feet stuck in white sandals with a red flower over the big toe.
Before she could spot me, I lunged forward and pinched her sides with both hands.

Cass made a high-pitched squeak and jumped in shock.
"You sound like a piglet", I remarked mockingly.
I casually put my hands in my pockets and squinted my eyes to protect myself from the lowering sun.
She wrinkled her little nose, I suppressed a smile and looked down at her.
Cass tilted her head back and stuck her tongue out.

Her dark hair fell down her back in two thick braids.
"Why did you do braids?" I raised my eyebrows questioningly.
Cass looked away, clearly intimidated by my Alpha-status. "My Mom made these."

"Looks weird." I reached for one braid, on which the sun left a coppery glow, and tugged at it.
"Ow!" Cass nudged me in the shoulder and I laughed at her annoyed expression.

"Cass!" Lorelie, her friend, waved at us.
Her canary yellow bag looked far too big for her slim figure.
Without looking at me again, Cass started moving.

The electrifying feeling of rage shot through my body and before I could stop myself, I stretched out one leg.
The girl stumbled, hit hard on the ground.
With a scream, she rolled to her side, clutching her hands around her knee.
I was horrified to see the blood on her pale skin.

Lorelie ran across the schoolyard towards us, her stupidly large bag dragging on the ground.
"Why can't you leave me alone?", Cass cried, tears streaming down her cheeks and running down her neck.

I shrugged and tried my best to keep a straight face.
I turned on my heels and left her sitting on the floor.
I could hear her sniffling, the guilt gnawing at my insides like a hungry rat.

Clarisia

I grabbed a hair tie from my pocket and pulled my hair up into a ponytail.
Lorelie adjusted the neckline of her blue shirt, which showed off her deep blue eyes perfectly.
She hastily brushed with her fingers through her waist-length brown hair and looked over her shoulder at the older students.

"Who are you looking at, Lori?" With a mocking grin, I punched my friend in the upper arm, causing her to flinch when she was caught.
"Nobody", she denied, but a slight blush crept onto her cheeks.
"Lorelie!" The call made me turn around and Lorelie sighed in relief.

Derik waved at my friend, laughing.
His trainingsshorts only reached his hairy knees and the gray shirt was definitely two sizes too big for him.
"I have to go to my team", Lorelie said quickly and gave me a quick hug.

I watched enviously as she walked towards Derik and he put an arm around her shoulders.
What I would have given to be in the same Powergroup with them.
Our Alpha had divided the twelve Werewolves of my year into three groups right at the start of training when we were eight years old.

Lorelie and Derik may have been in the weakest group, but at least they had good company.
My gaze wandered over to my teammates. Group One stood together and discussed intently.
Brian, Jessy, our Beta-wolf's daughter, and how could it be otherwise, Damien himself.

The mark on Brian's neck shimmered brightly in the sunlight and his dark hair fell tangled across his forehead as a grin spread across his face.
Damien burst out laughing, putting an arm around Jessy's shoulders and gesturing wildly in the air with his free hand.