The Beast inside

7 years old, Clarisia

A ball hit me hard on the head, then fell to the ground with a thud.
Hot pain exploded in my face and made my left eye water.
There was loud laughter and I immediately spun around.
Damien bent down for the ball, a big grin on his lips.

"You should catch the ball", he remarked mockingly, whereupon his friends burst out laughing again.
Brian spluttered and gasped like an asthmatic walrus.
I raised a hand to my aching cheek, to my horror a large lump formed in my throat and hot tears burnt in my eyes.

"I thought you wanted to play", Damien continued. He let the ball hit the ground with a loud Ping before catching it again.
The summer sun had bleached his dark blonde hair and his green eyes flashed across my face. The young Alpha shrugged and turned his back to me.
"She's going to cry", Ann whispered, her eyes wide.
I swallowed hard and clenched my fists.
Too many times I had cried because of him on the way home from school.

"Damien!" My voice trembled as I took a step forward.
The boy turned to me in surprise, the ball tucked under his arm.
"I challenge you!", I blurted out, causing a murmur from the crowd.
Damien paused, the smile disappearing from his face and replaced by a haughty expression.
"You are challenging me?" His bright eyebrows rose. "Are you sure about that?"

I gritted my teeth tightly and glared at him as evilly as I could. "Are you afraid of losing to a girl?"
He threw his head back and laughed throatily. Then he carelessly threw the ball to the ground.
Damien bent his knees slightly and stared at me, the greenish blue of his eyes boring into mine. "Come on, Cassily."
"Don't call me that!", I hissed, anger burning in my stomach.
I jumped forward and placed my fist on his nose.

Damien

Their village was located on the other side of the mountain ridge, the three wolves had had a long and tiring journey. Nevertheless, the meeting seemed to drag on forever.
The Silvermoon Pack had heard of our good fighters and were impressed by our ability to keep Rogues out of our territory.
The envoys flattered my father, who couldn't quite hide his pride at our Pack's strong reputation.
Long story short, they had a problem with Rogues and were hoping for our help.

Normally I found political exchange with foreign Packs very interesting, but today I could hardly concentrate.
The beast in me was angry.
It wanted to rush off and finally find its mate. But it was still too early for that.
Cold and hot shivers traveled over my skin at regular intervals and unrest was bubbling inside me.

Everyone was talking about my impending maturity and I couldn't hear it anymore. I felt like like I was going to explode at any moment, the monster inside me was almost driving me crazy.
My gaze wandered out the window to the nearby forest and a strained sigh lifted my chest. My father punished me with a dark look.
Put yourself together!, I mentally scolded myself and glanced at the clock on the wall.
My parents agreed to negotiate an Alliance. However, my father wouldn't be my father if he didn't expect something in return for our help.
And to discuss this he wanted to speak to the Alpha of the Silvermoond Pack himself.

Apparently satisfied with the outcome of the meeting, the strangers asked for a few hours of rest before heading home.
As my mother led them over to the guest rooms, I bowed my head respectfully.
Before my father could bombare me with questions about foreshadowing of my mate, I escaped outside.

I stripped off my clothes down to my underwear and transformed into my wolf. As fast as my big paws could carry me, I ran through the forest to the big lake. The race calmed the unbridled urges in me somewhat.

Night had already cast its dark cloak over the village when I returned to the packhouse of the youth.
Most of my roommates had already retreated to their rooms.
In the living room, I could see Jonah and Luke talking quietly while a football game flickered across the television screen. I briefly raised my hand in greeting, got half a bar of chocolate from the kitchen and went upstairs to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed it.
Next chapter slight trigger warning for eating dissorder.
If you're suffering from eating dissorder, pls get help. I had one when I was younger and now over it for 99% of the time :)