Chapter 30

Amika's Pov
2 weeks later
...

Today was finally the day that I would get to see and hear my baby's heartbeat. To say that I was excited would be an understatement...

I was currently waiting in the car at Lucas's company because he needed to sort out a few things, I would have gone with him but he told me he wouldn't be long so I just waited in the car

I was currently 8 weeks along and honestly, I feel a little bit better in terms of the nausea and throwing up. But the cravings did get worse especially at the most random times of the night.....

Like this one time....I woke up at 3am to make a soup which was so watery that it wasn't even soup, but for some reason I like it that way...

Foods like cheese, milk and strawberry ice-cream are a huge no for me, I can't stand the smell and the taste, which I really hate...

It had been nearly 30 minutes, so I just decided that I'd go in to Lucas's office to check up on him....

Amika's Outfit

It was starting to get really hot, so I opted for something light and fashionable enough

...

When I entered the building, it was a like a whole different world in there, so many different rooms, corridors and so many people....

I walked over to what seemed like the secretary's desk
"Hello...what can I do for you today...?"a brunette headed woman asked me
"Hello...I'm looking for the way to Mr Nevieras office..."
"Do you have an appointment with him?..." she asked
"No, I'm actually here with him,so I wanted to see if he was still occupied.." I said truthfully

She looked skeptical of me and looked me up and down, then said
"Assuming you're telling the truth, please come this way..."

I followed her down a corridor then into an elevator....When we finally got out of the elevator, there was a large door which she knocked at...

"Jamie.. there's some lady here to see Mr Neviera, could you ask Lucas about a...?"
"Amika...Amika Harris.." I said
"Sure...lemme ask him..."

He closed the doors and went back in. When he came back, he came with Lucas who immediately rushed to me and held my hand....

"Amika..... why'd you get out of the car, do you feel sick..is the car too hot?..." He panickingly asked me

The secretary who looked shocked bowed and went back to her space.

I laughed and said " No, no...I was just wondering what you were doing, you've been gone for nearly half an hour..."

He looked at his watch and looked nearly confused
"I was gone for that long....sorry I didn't even realise that, come, oh wait... I'd like you to meet Jamie, my PA and best friend....."