Chapter 5 : Dungeon and Tea

[2 days after the Skill Reveal]
[Ayanokoji Kiyotaka]

"Haah!" Hirata shouted as he struck down a goblin with his sword. The students who followed him admired him like a hero. "Not worry guys! I'll be the vanguard! We'll finish this dungeon in no time!"

"Yeah! These monsters are nothing but small fries!" Ike expressed.

"We shouldn't get careless now Hirata-kun.. There may be other monsters that we cant handle.." Ichinose said, she was wary of any dangers that may befall her precious classmates.

"You're right.. Thanks for reminding me, Ichinose-san" Hirata replied.

Seeing that my classmates were currently in a stable condition i left them alone and went to Arisu.

We are now currently conquering a low-ranked dungeon assigned by the Academy for us to gain practical battle experience. I and Arisu separated ourselves from the group to hunt on our own, i didnt object since i dont want to be involved in such large crowds. But there were another reason for us to seperate from the class.. We wanted to test our cursed skills.

"It should be a good time to test our Cursed Skills, Kiyotaka" Arisu lit up one of the countless underground tunnels of the dungeon. She looked at me with a excited face.

"I have no objections.."

We then heard heavy footsteps in front of us.

"Fortunately for us, seems like the perfect test subjects have revealed themselves.." I muttered while grasping the handle of my odachi.

A small group of monsters appeared, Kobolds. A type of monster that has the appearance of a beast with humanoid limbs.. They rank above Goblins in overall strength.

I unsheathed my blade, and pointed it at the Kobolds. Sensing my presence they lunged at me.

.................................................................

"What clean cuts.. You cleaved them in halve that easily Kiyotaka.."

Arisu muttered while i was unsheathing my Odachi. The fight only lasted a few seconds since there were 3 monsters and all of them only took one cleave of a sword each to kill them.

Arisu walked towards the corpse and hovered her hand around it for some reason. After a few moments the blood of the Kobold was immediately absorbed by Arisu.. Maybe this is the function of her cursed skill?..

"Seems like you already figured it out." I muttered

"Fufu~ seems like it."

I walked closer to the corpse of a kobold and placed my hand on it, i began to visualize the word 'Devour' while placing my hand on the corspe. After a few seconds a phantom-like jaw appeared from my hand and phased through the corpse. I then got a message inside my head that i aquired a new skill..

"Hm? I see you've used the skill Kiyotaka.. But what did you actually do?"

"It sounds too good to be true, i can take the skills of others."

"Fufu~ you're right.. Its too perfect.. Is there any drawbacks?"

"I still havent tested it yet.. Wait a minute.. Come closer a bit Arisu.."

"Hmm..? Alright.."

Arisu walked closer to me, she looks at me with her usual smug smile, it seems that she knows im gonna test my skill if it works on her.

I held out my hand over head, i began to use my skill....

"Huh?.. Nothing happened?" Arisu questioned.