21 - 30

Chapter 21

Song Anti retweeted the promotional video for "Nishang," but it wasn't long before observant Sherlock Holmes fans noticed something was off. In the video, the seductive "Song Anti" was dancing, with a blue butterfly tattoo on her left lower back that seemed... not quite right.

Initially, only a few netizens questioned the proportionality issue, and it didn't cause much of a stir online, with very few replies.

However, just over ten minutes after these comments were posted, the official account deleted them all without a trace. This sudden and fierce action made netizens suspicious that something was amiss.

A Sherlock Holmes fan dug up magazine photos of Song Anti from before and superimposed a dotted grid on her lower back. It was clear that Song Anti's butterfly tattoo covered almost all of the squares.

However, when the same grid was applied to a screenshot from the video, the proportion of the butterfly to the entire lower back was reduced by almost a third.

This comparison directly disproved the fact that Song Anti had used a body double.

"What's going on? This dance wasn't performed by Song Anti, and Bai (the body double) got all excited for nothing."

"After careful observation, it's clear that the editing techniques used a body double, there's no face when dancing, and no dance when showing the face."

"Isn't this deceiving the audience?"

"Song Anti, are you embarrassed?"

"It's normal to use a body double during filming, why is she being criticized?"

"Feeling sorry for Song Anti."

"That's right, which A-list star hasn't used a body double? Don't try to create controversy for the sake of marketing!"

"Using a body double isn't the issue here, the problem is that Song Anti reposted the video and claimed that it was her performing the dance."

"That's right, using a body double isn't a big deal, but lying is... there's really no way to defend yourself."

"This is just shooting yourself in the foot."

Soon, the hashtag #SongAntiBodyDouble surged to the top of the trending searches.

The situation escalated, with online criticism and accusations that Song Anti lacked dancing skills and was lying about using a body double for the dance.

Many people also brought up Song Anti's dark history of stage performances during her days in a girl group, and compared it to the "Nishang" dance.

The comparison was a complete disaster.

"Feeling sorry for the dance double."

"That's right, the body double danced much better than Song Anti."

"Song Anti, do you have any shame?"

Forced to act, Song Anti had to delete the tweet claiming the dance as her own, and then posted another tweet: "Please pay more attention to my acting. [bows] [thank you]"

However, this tweet immediately sparked more questioning and dissatisfaction from viewers.

"Your acting isn't that great either, you know."

"Is it really that hard to admit that you lied?"

"Can you explain why you used a body double and misled netizens?"

"Is it because of your vanity?"

"You don't have many dance scenes, why don't you dance yourself? Isn't it hilarious that a former girl group member can't even dance?"