Finale

Being woken up by an irritated Viper wasn't exactly what Althea expected when she went to sleep to overcome jet lag after arriving in japan to prepare for the ritual.

The slight annoyance turned into complete irritation upon finding out about the dreams sent to the arcobalenos.

Checkerface had decided that it was time to select the next generation of arcobaleno, which meant that the current generation would be dumped and left to die, while there was the smallest of chances that one of them would become Vindex and this was unacceptable.

Oh don't get her wrong, Althea loved her elements, but she couldn't possibly tolerate others joining their ranks and being condemned to suffer for eternity.

The solstice was in three days, they had worked hard to break the senseless cycle, and Althea would stop at nothing to get results, even if she had to go back in time and kill someone.

In a place outside of time and space a certain counter guardian standing in a graveyard of swords sneezed.

"So the bastard wants to lure candidates for the next generation of arcobaleno using this fake tournament?" said Tsuna, for once the young man was really angry, during the years of training with Reborn he had come to see the assassin as a father figure (a sadistic father figure) which was more than what he saw in Iemitsu, for he was so much to be considered a freeloader.

Althea nodded calmly sitting among the Vindex, who had not moved away from her since they were called, the rest of the room however was tense due to the pure hatred radiating from the law guardians, only the presence of their sky made the reunion possible, if she hadn't been there they would have already tried to tear something apart in anger.

"We need a place to hide our moves from checkerface until the end of the ritual. There are only 3 days left until the solstice, so we need to buy some time. We will do this.." and in the secret room the plan began to take shape.

Checkerface watched yet another battle, but he still hadn't been able to accurately gauge the strength of the various representatives, for some reason the entire city was surrounded by interference that did nothing but confuse him.

If it hadn't been for the fact that the man in question had been dead and buried for centuries, he would have sworn Merlin was behind the fluctuations in the atmosphere (that half-incubus was irritating and disturbing with his passion for plants especially any plant with vines or roots...no no don't go in that direction...) in short checkerface was getting irritated.

It was almost sunset on the winter solstice and there was still no winner.

Not to mention that the closer the sunset got, the more a certain uneasiness grew...what the hell was happening?

Meanwhile, in a deep cave in Namimori forest, the ritual was proceeding smoothly.

The rainbows were arranged on the tips of a star inscribed in a circle, which pulsated with a poisonous green, while althea and the Vindex were positioned in the outer circle constantly injecting black flames into the rays of the circles which connected to a sort of rock chalice inscribed with hundreds of runes, positioned in the center of the enormous pattern engraved in the rock.

7 flames burned with ardor supported by black flames...now it was just necessary to resist until sunset, at that moment the ritual would be definitely fixed to the ley lines and to the earth.

The Vongola.

As soon as the sun disappeared from the horizon checkerface collapsed to the ground.

Gone, the system was gone...

As well as the fight the man was watching and all the damage he had caused.

Stunned by the thing, he didn't notice the magic that enveloped him and when a group of figures wrapped in bandages came out of a portal of black flames, he couldn't escape from the hands that grabbed him by his rabbit ears...

A merciless smile blossomed on Althea's lips.

The dark lord's end was somewhat anticlimactic.

There was no epic battle or apocalyptic clash.

All the death eaters were found with their throats slashed or in ashes.

Voldemort instead was hit...by a lorry ... ..in a meadow...on the English moors...

The news the next day however caused so much confusion. Albus Dumbledore had disappeared without a trace.

No one in England would ever hear from him again, after all the only one who ever left Vendicare was Mukuro Roduko...

Althea Dorea Potter's disappearance however went unnoticed.

After obtaining her NEWTs, Althea disappeared from the English enclave and the only ones who would ever see her again were the Pendragons, after all they were regulars guests at Sunday brunch.