A sight for sore eyes - Mars & Earth

Greetings! The author here! This is the first time I'm writing a oneshot about solarballs! So some characters may be out of character if I make a mistake like that please tell me so I could make some oneshots more in character in the future! By the way quick warning some things might be placed around the wrong timeline! (I genuinely forgot the terraform Mars arc was before the moon revolution :P.) Also choice of words might be placed around a bit weirdly.I hope you enjoy it ! -🌙
— — —

Earth floats around the Goldilocks zone, sighing in boredom. Moon had left to go hangout with Titan along with Phobos and Diemos. Earth was happy that his moon found other people other than him to hangout with.

He looked over to where Mars was orbiting. His blank face falters, a small upturn smile spreads across his face. He's happy to know that Mars has forgiven him for his.. Past mistakes.

On the other hand, Mars was in a bad mood, after the whole fiasco of astrodude trying to terraform his surface. It pissed him off. What was wrong with earth? Yeah he was incredibly arrogant. But he's changed! Still arrogant at times but not as much as before. He smiled.

Back in earth's orbit, he wondered. His earthlings could handle some cold, what if he went over to Mars? They haven't talked in awhile. He mumbled to himself as someone was approaching behind him.

“Hey earth?” Earth perked up at the voice, turning over to face the person. “Oh! Hey moon.” Moon smiles. After a minute or two he spoke. “is something wrong?” Earth furrows his eyebrows. “You could say that.”

Moon hums “I just— I've been thinking about Mars lately and I—” earth was cut off “Do you have a crush on him?” moon questioned.

Earth's cheeks were red. He crosses is arms “Well I—” Earth looks to the side his gaze softening. Realization hit him “holy shit I have a crush on mars.” Moon raises an eyebrow placing his hands on his hips.

“I just said that. Look earth— if you like him, you should go tell him how you feel!” “No! I can't tell him that! What if I mess up? Or WORSE?!— WHAT IF HE DOESN'T TAKE INTEREST IN MEN??! I don't want to ruin our relationship or our friendship because of my feelings for him Luna!!” Moon frowns, he didn't like seeing how distressed earth was.

“earth. just listen to me— let's say uh— hypothetically— mars has mutual feelings for you. How would you react?” Earth thought about it, his heart racing as he as he thinks about his answer. “Well.. I. I would be glad and happy that he likes me back— and I wouuldd.. Ask him out on a date?” Moon nods “That's not a bad idea! Now let's do it!” moon starts pushing earth's back towards mars's orbit.

Earth prevents this, putting pressure, making moon unable to push. “Wait! We're not going over there! R— right?!”

Moon smiles innocently. “Of course not earth!” Earth sighs in relief. “I'm forcing you to go!” moon uses all his strength and pushes earth further to where they were close to mars's orbit. “WHAT!!— HEY— MOON! THIS ISN'T FUNNYY!!— LET ME G— oh Heyy mars..!”

mars looks at earth with confusion “Hey earth! I didn't think you would come over here. Since your earthlings can't really sustain really cold temperatures. But it's a nice change of pace!”

His voice.. That's all earth could think of at the moment, staring at mars with a lovestruck stare. Why can't time just stop? He could stare at mars for all eternity... Until the sun turns into a red giant and probably consumes them all.

“Earth?” Mars waves a hand across earth's face, making earth snap out of his thoughts. “Huh?” “You zoned out for like a fat minute or two. Is something wrong? Do you want to talk about it?”

“Marry me <3.” Earth mutters “I'm sorry? I couldn't quite hear that earth.” “OH! Uhh what I mean is— do you— or well— want to— wait no!— uhh—” Earth became a stuttering mess, heat rising up from his cheeks, small beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

“It's alright. Calm down. If you don't want to say it you don't have to. I'm not trying to force anything out of you. I want you to feel comfortable with me earth. When you're ready, you can tell me.”

Earth bites his lip, taking a deep breath before speaking. “The truth is.. Mars. I..” he pauses for a moment. “I love you. In a romantic way. I don't know if you will feel the same but, I just wanted to tell you how I felt about you.”

Mars stares at earth, his mouth agape. Smiling brightly. As earth looks away, Mars rests a hand on earth's cheek. Caressing his cheek lightly for comfort, as earth melts in his touch, Mars brings him closer for an embrace. Hugging him tightly. “Oh earth.. I love you too..!”

“I.. You do?” Earth pulls away to face Mars, his heart beating faster with each passing minute. “Of course I do! ” He smiles, giving a light peck onto earth's cheek. “you have no idea how happy I am right now..” earth spoke, hugging Mars in a tight embrace. “hm?” Mars plays with earth's hair as he listens to him, looking up at the forever expanding universe.

too bad you're dreaming earth.

...

what?

A

miniature asteroid hits the side of earth's head, bringing him out of his daze. Looking around he spots Venus and Mars. Oh right. Just a dream. Of course something like that could never be a reality. After all.

He likes Venus.

/  /  /

Uhh surprise? I don't know, I don't really have any attachment to vars but it's a cool ship! Also uhh context I guess?? In this oneshot earth of course has taken a liking to Mars, thinking of fake scenarios on where they would end up together, of course womp womp in reality Mars doesn't really have any romantic feelings for anyone. Although earth— being the dumb dumb he is, thinks Mars likes venus, mistaking a gesture of kindness as a declaration of love towards Venus.

Also I have no schedule on when I publish oneshots so expect it whenever <3 bye byesss -🌙