Chapter 2: Welcome to the Hero Course!

It was the first day of school and I was in the halls of U.A. High looking for my class because I slept in. This school is enormous and I was getting lost a little bit.

Y/n: C'mon, where's class 1-A?

As I was running I finally saw a sign that said 1-A and two familiar looking people.

Y/n: Hey! I know you guys!

They both turned around and looked at me.

Brown haired girl: Hey! I know you! You're that guy that was that tiny red cartoon bear! How did you turn into that? It was pretty cool!

Y/n: Red cartoon bear? Oh, you talking about Boppy Bearhug?

Green haired boy: You're the one that caught me when I was falling at the practical exams. *sees smiling critters bracelets and starts fanboying* Those bracelets! Oh my gosh! Are you Y/n Kirigaya!?

Y/n: Yeah!

Both of them then started talking at the same time and I couldn't really keep up with them.

Y/n: I can't keep up with you guys! Slow down a bit, please.

???: Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends.

I looked back and saw a man in a yellow sleeping bag laying on the floor.

???: This is the hero course.

The man then took out a juice packet and drank it, so I just looked at him suprised.

Everyone: S-Something's here?!

The man stands up and unzips his sleeping bag.

???: It took eight seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough. I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you.

Y/n: (He's our homeroom teacher?!)

Aizawa: *pulls out gym uniform from sleeping bag* It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out to the field.

Everyone: Huh?

After that I got dressed like everyone else and we headed to the field where we met Aizawa. He then told us what we were doing out here.

Everyone: A Quirk Assessment Test?!

Brown haired girl: What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?

Aizawa: If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events. U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted it's school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes. You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks. The country still uses averages taken from students not using their Quirks. It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is processing.

Aizawa then looked over to someone.

Aizawa: Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?

Bakugo: Hm?

Aizawa: In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?

Bakugo: 67 meters.

Aizawa: Then, try doing it with your Quirk.

Aizawa then tossed Bakugo a ball and he walked into a white circle.

Aizawa: You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up. Give it all you have got.

Bakugo: *stretching* Well, then...

He threw the ball and made an explosion making it go even farther.

Bakugo: DIE...!

Y/n: He's scary...