Episode 1

[Star-Crossed][Season 1 Episode 1]

[Star-Crossed]
[Season 1 Episode 1]

The Other Vega

*****

"Y/n!" A voice shouted out as Y/n walked down the steps.

"I'm coming!" Y/n yelled back as he ran his fingers through his messy h/c locks, turning around the corner to find his familiar brunette aunt. "What have you yelling so early in the morning, Aunt Sonya?" He grumbled as he watched her read the letter in her hands.

"This is the letter..." Sonya muttered as she waved the letter in the air.

Y/n just furrowed his eyebrows and shrugged. "What? Your letter to Santa?" He questioned as he walked over to the fridge and grabbed the jug of orange juice.

"Don't get smart with me young man," Sonya warned as she looked at the young man pour himself a glass of juice.

"Isn't that why you send me to school?" Y/n arched a brow as he looked at her, sipping his drink slowly.

"Young man..."

"There's no need to feel down!" Y/n started singing as he walked around the table. "I said, Young men!" He paused and dodged the slap Sonya threw at him. "There's no need to be violent!"

"This is the letter from Hollywood Arts," Sonya spoke over her nephew's antics.

"Trina's school?" Y/n finally stopped singing. "What happened?" He asked as he looked at his aunt.

"Nothing, don't you recall your school sending in what they called a referral clip?" Sonya questioned Y/n, watching as he slowly remembered what she was talking about. "There we go," She mocked as she shook her head. "Yeah, well... Some good news," She repeated as she handed the piece of paper to the younger man.

Y/n read through the letter real fast, his expression never shifting as he took in the information. "So, I take it that today is my last day?" He asked as he folded the paper and placed it on the table once again.

"Wow... Don't have to sound so sad," Sonya rolled her eyes as she watched her nephew just shrug.

"I'm assuming that I need to pack and get ready for my eleven-hour flight, right," Y/n grumbled as he crossed his arms and looked at his aunt.

"No, you can go meet with your friends before that, I'm not a monster," Sonya joked but was just met with Y/n shaking his head as he pushed off the countertop. "And here I thought you'd be happy to be back with the rest of the family."

"Yeah, because it wasn't like it was Mom and Dad's idea to ship me out of the continent six years ago," Y/n mumbled as he adjusted his jacket. "I'll be back in about an hour," He added before making his way to the door.

"Bruv!" Jacob, a young man with black curly hair and caramel skin smiled as he lifted his fist, giving Y/n a fist bump as he sat down in the booth with the other two.