003 | new & neglected

THE DIRECTOR WAS AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. that single word coming out of Hannibal Lecter's mouth—if not for (F/N) Kennedy, he was certain it would never have been spoken. colour him impressed, you could say. it had him wondering, per se. could she take on their case?

his scrawny hands hover above the document as menacing eyes glare at him—eyes that screamed of recent betrayal.

(F/N) Kennedy, (F/N) Kennedy. he hums in his mind, pondering on whether he should take a gamble. ah well, what does he have to lose?

MEANWHILE, (F/N) is peacefully humming to the tracklist from hamilton as she eyes the clock in front of her. 5.45pm. 15 minutes, and I can go ho—

"dr Kennedy, the director would like me to escort you to his office."

man, did I mess up? (F/N) groaned internally, sticking close to Patrick as he guided her down the halls, though his eyes lingered on her waist a little too long for her comfort. as if he could read her mind, Patrick let out a low chuckle.

"rest assured, dr Kennedy, you're not getting a scolding. I personally made sure of that."

(F/N) let out a sigh of relief, though slightly confused. why did Bateman seemed to speak with such authority although he was below the Director's power? shaking her head and smoothening out her skirt, she quietly thanked him.

the atmosphere after that was suffocating, and (F/N) did not want to meet his piercing killer gaze.

"Director Bridger," she greeted coolly. her eyes flit over to the bottle of blue-red pills on the director's desk. "Dr. Kennedy," he replied, in similar fashion. he rose from his seat, and (F/N) took note of his simple attire—white button-up and brown trousers. he waved off Patrick, who gave the girl one last look before storming off, seemingly irritated at the Director.

"you're a very smart girl, (F/N)," he spoke, his voice a low purr amidst the winter storm behind him. (F/N) refused to speak. he stepped closer to (F/N), who looked down, sizing him up.

I could take him on...a punch to the gut, kick him in the—

"very, very, smart."

she took in a deep breath. "pardon me, Director, but my working hours end soon. do you mind, perhaps, cutting to the chase?"

if anything, Roman Bridger was amused. his grin, if possible, grew wider, and he resembled someone...animalistic. "I have a new case for you. or rather, two."

"t-two?" (F/N) spluttered incredulously, sweeping back her hair, clutching in. "but I only just got through to Hannibal!—"

"I see that you are on a first-name basis with...the cannibal. which further proves my point that you are more than capable of managing these particular two." the brunette continued his case, having retreated to his seat, seeming less intimidating to the Kennedy girl. his fingers interwined each other as he spoke.

(F/N), still rather reluctant to take on the job, huffed. "what's in it for me?"

"twice your monthly pay and twenty extra vacation days."

(F/N) hummed coolly, knowing her worth.

"triple that, and we have a deal."

Director Bridger got up from his seat and opened the door for her. "pleasure doing business with you, darling."

(shorter chapter today! i have a test on monday lol..who do you guys think are F/N's new patients?)