PART IV.

Eve cracked her back and exhaled, hands on her hips as she looked around in satisfaction. "A job well done, if I do say so myself," she remarked. She snapped her fingers, causing a strand of black light to snap between them as well.

The Founder Avatars' eyes immediately went blank again, and they floated over to the Tower before landing around their mistress. Venganza dutifully handed Eve all the siphons, which she graciously took in her arms. "Be a dear and distribute these to the others," she said to a Masked Man who had just emerged from nothingness behind her, handing the siphons to him.

"Sim, senhora." The Masked took the siphons and turned, walking into a rift in reality and vanishing from sight.

"Founders, take a knee," Eve ordered, putting her hands behind her back and facing Fisi. "It's time for the final part of my plan."

The Founders obeyed, each falling to one knee and bowing their head.

"All operatives, form a perimeter around the Tower," the chairwoman said in a low voice, speaking to every Xirxine-affiliated power in the fight. "But keep your distance from that M.A.G.I.C. field."

"Get someone in the Keypoint tunnel," Zechariah commanded from where he prowled near the Tower's entrance as the remaining Trozian and Arthrogonian ships began to circle over the Tower. "We need to make sure the Well is secure!"

"How do we separate the Corporealm and Bila ya Nyota?" Zeus inquired in a growl. "Surely you mortals know a way."

"We're... working on it," the chairman responded uncertainly.

"And what shall we do about Artemis and the god-hunters?" Heff asked, standing next to his sister—who was kneeling on the floor in silence—in Fisi's office.

"See if you can't convince her to help you assist Cameron," Athena ordered briskly. "We'll round up the hunters. They ought to be in their right minds, so perhaps they will assist us as well."

-

Doom kept one foot on N'ghft's head, which now had tentacles extending from the neck and wriggling around while her mouth continued to mutter "death, death, death" like a broken record. Her body moved about a few metres away, feeling around as more tentacles protruded from its part of the neck.

"You're as stubborn as me, y'know that?" Doom remarked, glaring condescendingly at N'ghft's head.

"Death, death, death..."

Doom rolled her eyes and looked up into the sky, where she saw her sisters hovering high above. "Make a move, Lute," she muttered under her breath. "Make a move..."

-

"Lute. What's the plan?" one of the Exorcists asked, glancing at their mission leader.

Lute gritted her teeth, glaring down at the battlefield. "Adina's gone," she spat. "And the Saved are worthless without her." She looked over her shoulder at the Exorcist, eyes flashing. "Fall back. This little side quest is over."

On cue, a portal with a golden corona appeared behind the Exorcists, and the foot soldiers all flew through it while their lieutenant brought up the rear.

Lute paused before going through the portal, looking down at her last remaining soldier in the Corporealm. "Doom!" she barked. "Come on! We're heading back to Heaven!"

Doom locked gazes with Lute.

Lute narrowed her eyes.

Then Doom smirked and gave Lute a two-fingered salute before spreading her wings and flying off toward the Tower.