New In Town

"Hey kid the action games are toward the back." A videogame salesman says as Alexis sees a boy with a hat looking at some games while she's at the counter with some games.

"Thanks man." The kid says as he walks around the store.

"Just give me a moment miss to ring everything up." The salesman says as Alexis nods while she is on her phone answering a call.

"Yes Aunt Cora I'll be home soon. I just wanted to check out this video game store. I got my games and I'm checking out now. Bye. Love you too." Alexis says as she hangs up the phone and puts it in her pocket.

"So this is all for you right?" The man asks as he hands the games to Alexis.

"Yes sir. Here's the money. You can keep the change." Alexis says as she hands the money to the man.

"Thanks miss." The man says as Alexis grabs her games and goes outside.

"I can't believe I got it. I'm so excited." Alexis says happily.

"Oof!" Alexis and a boy say as the boy from inside comes out and walks into Alexis knocking them both down.

"Ouch. Watch it." Alexis says annoyedly.

"Oh sheesh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to walk into you. My bad. I should of been watching." The boy says as he stands up and puts away a game device as he helps Alexis up.

"It's alright. No harm done." Alexis says.

"Let me pick those up for you. Hey you're into Kingdom Hearts and Animal Crossing?" The boy asks as he picks up Alexis's games and looks at them.

"Yeah. I love Animal Crossing because it's so relaxing and Kingdom Hearts is a good action game." Alexis says.

"What's your favorite world?" The boy asks curiously as he hands Alexis the games.

"One with Jack Skellington and the one with Captain Jack Sparrow." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Those are pretty good. My favorite is the Little Mermaid one. Not a fan of the movie I just like the world because it has a lot of places to explore and has some good enemies to fight for leveling." The boy says as he smiles.

"To be fair I didn't like that one. I could never get past Ursula." Alexis says shyly.

"Well if you'd like I could show you some tricks sometime. I'm kind of a expert when it comes to Kingdom Hearts so I'd be happy to share some tips and tricks if you'd like." The boy says kindly.

"That would be amazing. Um do you have a phone? I could give you my gaming platform username and my cell so we could maybe chat sometime." Alexis says as she pulls out her phone before the boy pulls out his phone.

"Sure. Here. Give me yours. I'll add my stuff too. I'd certainly enjoy having a buddy to game with. My sister isn't into gaming." The boy says as he and Alexis hand each other their phones before handing them back.

"I feel that. I'm an only child and I just moved here a few weeks ago so I don't have any friends to talk to or hang around. So I appreciate you being willing to chat with me sometime." Alexis says as she smiles.

"You're new? Huh. Now that you mention it you do look familiar. You're the new girl that my friend told me about that just came from Canton Ohio right?" The boy asks as Alexis nods.

"Yeah. You look familiar too. I've seen you around with some of the popular kids. Francis right?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Yeah but I like to go by KG better. What's your name then new girl?" The boy asks.

"Alexis." Alexis says.

"Alexis? I like that." KG says.

"Thanks." Alexis says as she blushes and smiles.

"Anyway don't worry about not having any friends. You'll make friends soon enough. I did and I recently moved here not long before you did with my parents and sister." KG says.

"Thanks for that. I often have a hard time making friends so I often just tend to hang out at home with my Aunt Cora." Alexis says as she chuckles.

"How come if you don't care I ask?" KG asks curiously.

"I don't mind but people just don't really take the time to get to know me. They tend to think I'm weird or strange. Even the ones that do get to know me don't ever really like the me they get to know." Alexis says as she sighs and looks down.

"Sheesh I'm sorry. That sucks. But if you'd like I'd be happy to introduce to the people I hang around. They're pretty accepting. I'm sure they'd accept you too." KG says kindly.

"You sure? I don't want to intrude." Alexis says as she looks at KG.

"You won't. Don't worry. So yes then?" KG asks.

"I'd like that yeah." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Great. Anyway I gotta get back home. I'll message you later and we can chat more." KG says as he gestures to leaving.

"Sounds good." Alexis says happily as she and KG walk away from each other.