001

(Jake)

I reached the classroom of my fourth period, walking inside. I was met with a class full of chattering people. Ugh. I wish I could have one moment of peace and quiet in this school. I walked over to my desk, sitting down.

About halfway through the class, the door opens. A boy walked inside. He was dressed in emo fashion, red streaks dyed into his hair.

"Uhm, is this maths?" He mumbled to the teacher. "Ah, yes. I forgot to tell all of you that we have a new student with us today! Why don't you introduce yourself, bud?" The teacher said giddily.

"Uhm, my name's Johnnie. Hi." He muttered, rolling his eyes. "Ok, very well then. You will be sitting next to Jake over there!" The teacher said, pointing to the empty seat next to me.

Fuck. You have to be joking me right now. Not to be rude or anything, but I just don't want some stupid new kid to sit next to me. I like being alone most of the time, especially in school. Well, with the exception of a couple of my friends.

The first thing I noticed about him was how cold he was. I know, crazy, right? As soon as he sat next to me, I immediately felt an aura of cold air next to me. Maybe I'm just making things up, I don't know.

The second thing I noticed, was how pale he was. He was sickly pale. I wonder if he's ok? Maybe he just doesn't go out in the sun much...

Maybe I can start up small talk with him. Get to know him more. "So, where'd you move from?" I asked him hesitantly, a bit nervous.

He looked over towards me, his pale blue eyes staring into mine for what felt like an eternity. "LA." He says, turning back to face the front of the classroom. No way he came from LA and was this pale. Hmph.

"Nice." I replied, a little annoyed from how dry he was being towards me.

After class had ended, I went my separate ways of him. It was lunch time, anyways. I walked over to the cafeteria, searching around for my friends. I finally spotted them and ran over.

"Hey, guys." I said to my friends -tara and scuff-. I sat down next to them on a lunch table next to them. "Have you seen that new boy that came to school today?" Tara asked us. She loves to gossip. Especially about things going on at school.

"Yeah, I sit next to him in math. Not the brightest person." I mumbled.

"He's kinda cute." Tara said, covering her mouth while blushing a bit. "Oh my God, Tara! You think that every boy at school is hot." I said, rolling my eyes. "Well, not him." She said, gesturing towards a geeky boy sitting at the end of the table.

"Oh my God, Tara. Shut up." I say, giggling a bit. I stopped laughing when I saw the new boy being cornered by some jocks. They were holding a water bottle above his head, slowly pouring it all over him.

I heard tables erupt with laughter. What the fuck? What kind of sick shit could think that was funny? I got up from the table, running over to where (Johnnie, I think that's his name?) was.

I pushed past the three jocks, running over to the new boy. He was drenched in water, with a furious but embarrassed look on his face. He immediately stormed out of the lunchroom, heading over to the restrooms. Of course I ran after him.

Once I got into the bathroom I heard soft whimpers coming from one of the stalls. I looked under the stalls until I saw black Doc Martens underneath one of them. I hesitated before knocking on his stall door.

"Go away." I heard him sniffle.

"I just wanna know you're ok." I said softly.

I heard him get up from the floor. He rattled with the lock on the door for a second before opening it. He stood in front of me, drenched in water, makeup dripping down his face. Jesus.

"O-oh my God. Are you okay?" I asked, in shock.

He pushed past me into the main area of the bathroom by the sinks. He then continued to grasp a paper towel and wipe his face with it. He wiped his face of all his makeup, until I noticed he still has some eyeshadow underneath his eye.

"Hey, you missed some eyeshadow." I said, reaching out my hand and rubbing his under eye. He winced in pain. I removed my hand, realizing that the eyeshadow wasn't coming off.

I looked at him in confusion for a second before realizing that it wasn't eyeshadow at all. He had a black eye! Was it from the bullying?

"How did you get that?" I asked him worriedly. He didn't answer. Instead, he turned away from me and walked out of the bathroom.

Is he okay?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I have the perfect plot for this book omg

W.C: 851