002

(Johnnie)

Do you know how fucking embarrassed I felt? Being bullied on your first day of school.

How could I be so stupid...? This is all my fault.

I rolled over on my bed, tears welling up in my eyes. Don't cry again. You always cry. You're such a crybaby. Just stop. It's that easy.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I don't wanna see anybody right now. Especially not my mom or stepdad. Do you know what they'll do if they see me like this?

Well, I kinda have to answer the door. Or I'll get in trouble.

"Come in." I sighed.

My mom opened the door to my bedroom, walking in. My red led lights were turned on, so she couldn't see much. She walked over to me, sitting down on my bed. She was about to speak when she stopped all of the sudden.

"How'd you get that?" She whispered, placing her thumb on the under part of my black eye. I pushed her hand away, turning away from her.

"More bullies?" She said, cupping my face in her hands, making me look at her.

"No. Just leave me alone." I said, laying back down on my bed. There was no way that I was gonna tell her what my stepdad did to me. My mom got up from her sitting position, walking over to the door.

"I just want you to be safe. I don't want you to meet someone like Bryan again." She said as she closed my door.

My heart pounded at the name. I want to forget about that disgusting man. But it's hard to forget about someone when you developed so much trauma from them...

Tears spilled down my face. I wiped them away, sniffling. God, I hate this life.

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

-next day at school-

I walked into my 4th period, being met with the same boy who sat right next to me. Ugh. I don't wanna deal with this today. Luckily this morning I covered up my black eye with concealer and eyeshadow, so i should avoid any comments about yesterday.

My stomach twisted into knots as I sat down next him. I placed my backpack on the floor next to me. "Hey, how you doing?" Jake asked me.

"Fine." I dryly responded. I don't wanna talk to him right now.

"I'm here if you ever wanna talk." He said quietly.

I looked over at him, staring into his eyes for a minute. "Thank you."

"No problem." He responded, looking away.

I stared at him for a couple more seconds, admiring his face, before looking away.

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

The class period lasted a little bit longer before the bell rang. I got up from my seat.

"Hey, I know we haven't talked much... But maybe you could come over to my house later? So we could get to know each other better..?" I asked him hesitantly.