☆ Chapter 3 ☆

Author Pov

Ayesha parked her bike in the garage, the sound of her keys lightly clinking together as she rolled them between her fingers. Her mood was upbeat, evidenced by the cheerful whistle escaping her lips.

She was just about to make her way to the front door when something caught her attention.

Stopping in her tracks, Ayesha's gaze fixed on the figure standing in front of her house. He was engrossed in conversation, his voice muffled by the distance. As she watched, he ended the call and glanced up, meeting her eyes.

Recognition dawned on Ayesha's face, quickly followed by a mixture of surprise and disbelief. The person standing there was someone unexpected, someone she hadn't anticipated seeing at her doorstep.

Her voice, filled with a myriad of emotions, pierced the air as she exclaimed, "You?" The word hung between them, laden with questions and uncertainty.

Ayesha's mind raced with possibilities, trying to make sense of this unexpected encounter and what it might mean

Ayesha's voice trembled with a mix of surprise and defiance as she confronted the man before her."What are you doing here? Tum yaha mere parents ko complain krne aaye ho!? that I broke the windshield of your car, so what? Go ahead, Mai bhi unhe bta dungi ki tumne meri poco ko dhka mara tha.. , and you didn't even apologize. I'm not afraid of you." Her words rushed out in a single breath, a torrent of emotions barely contained.

Meanwhile, the man stood before her with a bored expression, leaning towards her face. With a whisper, he asked, "So this is your house?" His whisper sent a jolt through Ayesha's spine, making her realize she might have underestimated him.

He straightened up and walked back to knock on the door. As the door opened, Parul greeted him warmly, "Vihaan beta, come in." Vihaan greeted her with a smile and entered, leaving Ayesha surprised and shocked.

She watched her mother's interaction with him, her mind racing with thoughts. "What Mom knows him? Is he really here to complain about me?" Ayesha mentally screamed.

Her mother called out to her, breaking her reverie. "What are you doing there standing alone? Come inside," she said, unaware of the turmoil in Ayesha's mind.

As soon as Ayesha entered the house, she glanced at her Bhabhi Parents and then at Vihaan, who was seated beside them, engrossed in his phone. "Namaste aunty, namaste uncle," she greeted with a forced smile. "Unhe bhi namaste bolo, wo tumhare hone wali bhabhi ke bare Bhai hai," Ayesha's mother instructed.

Ayesha's heart sank as she thought, "Now she's done it. He will cancel the wedding and tell them the reason that I broke his car glasses , and then my brother and mother will kill me." Panic surged through her as she braced herself for the consequences of her actions.

Ayesha's steps faltered as she excused herself, her mind swirling with apprehension. What if Vihaan had revealed everything to everyone? The mere thought sent shivers down her spine as she retreated to her room, muttering under her breath.

Entering her room, she flopped onto her bed, her frustration mounting with each passing second. She couldn't shake off the relentless overthinking, the endless loop of 'what ifs' tormenting her mind.

Her irritation reached its peak, manifesting in the form of aimless kicks into thin air and the gnawing of her pillow. Yet, no amount of physical release could quell the storm of emotions raging within her.

Suddenly, a knock on her door interrupted her frenzied thoughts. Ayesha froze, her heart pounding in her chest. Who could it be? What if it was Vihaan, coming to confront her about their encounter earlier? Dread twisted in her stomach as she hesitated, unsure of whether to answer or ignore the disturbance.