Chapter 1--"Waking Up"

The world is happy! I get to run and jump, swim and dive! Oh such fun it is to race with small fishies. Although I always win, to be honest with you. It's the truth, I swam with great speed that many others couldn't. Everybody is nice and peaceful. It's a great, harmonious World here!

Huh? Wait...I don't remember resting here...

This special morning, I woke up in a different room. It wasn't the spot I chose last night, not the one where I'll get to sunbathe when morning comes.

But I guess it'll suffice for now, it isn't not too bad of a place anyways.

A bit clean, too clean...

Scanning my new surroundings, I noticed this room was strangely familiar. Glowing light pillars shine against my sensitive eyes, almost entrancing me in a horrid way. Confused, I tried to walk around to find a place that wasn't affected by this blinding light at all. A miserable, failed attempt, as I slammed my head heavily onto the glass, without a note of what's even going on. Naturally, I fell back immediately from the sudden pressure, and held my head tightly.

You know that feeling when something hits your head, and the pain transmits throughout your entire head like an endless roller coaster ride? Yeah, that hurts, a lot, too.

All this mix of confusion, pain and nauseous effects, is really laying huge impacts on me. I'm only supposed to swim around, not this. So dizzy, it feels like rainbows are blinking next to me, blinding me with their light.

Never-stopping, only getting worse, and worse, and worse...

...

...

...please stop already...

With a quick blink of an eye, it obeyed.

My head grew tired, very, very tired.

Thank the waters! It listened at long last...!

Though my head was still spinning, like riding a carousel that never ends.

I-i can't seem to bring myself to focus...

Somehow, even hitting my head, knocking on my brain a few times wouldn't work. Unknowingly, I tumbled uncontrollably, and fell backwards onto the glass.

"Clash! Thud!"

I smashed the most sensitive and vulnerable part of the head; just directly at the back.

Did I lose a few brain cells, just as the myths say?

It sent sudden and endless shockwaves, along with an immense amount of pain through my veins, transferring through each part of my body. Strangely enough, it felt like a seizure, but you weren't deprived of sensation, and could actually feel the aching jolt inside you, passing around like lightning. The sudden pain made me collapse onto the ground, with me unable to process what just happened at all in time, facing my direction with confused eyes.

I gasped, swearing that I broke something, since the glass clearly broke me. Maybe even made the glass crack a bit from my weight, right?

Surprisingly, it didn't break.

Seems as this material is just made for nobody to be able to pass through it, huh? How odd.

Laughter was suddenly heard, far, far away from here.

So loud, they must've seen me in such a weak state earlier, no wonder they're laughing.

How embarrassing, so humiliating...