𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐭.

-------- ★ (a flashback.)

(𝐦𝐚𝐲, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓, 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥)

guy man hated interviews. god.. they were tedious.

as he stood idly next to Thomas during an interview, a cigarette rested comfortably in between his fingers. as he took drags of the fumes, his hair acted as a veil - covering half of his unamused face. the festival around them were united with music as people walked by in conversation, and laughter. the stands of food and drink were serving beer and small snacks to fuel people's energy.

thomas, wearing a green button up and a small smile, was explaining to the interviewer how they came to be locally known and how far they'd come. guy man then took another drag of his cigarette, tossing it to the ground; then pulling down his leather jacket sleeve.

"where is it..." guy-man thought to himself, his hands searching for his pack of cigarettes. he couldn't blatantly go searching for it now.. if he's lost it.. he couldn't when a camera was on him and thomas. he groaned subtly to himself and resorted to placing his cold hands in his pocket.

——☆

across the festival, she was stood offside near the beer stand, waiting for the rest of her band to show up. her eyebrows were knitted into a furrow as more and more people walked past, and the cold air swept through her wavy hair.

"maybe.. they got caught by an interviewer." she thought resonantly to herself, as sounds from behind her came from people ordering beers and singing. the conversation around her lulled her impatience and then she resorted to walking around more stands until..

*crack.*

as she walked past a cocktail stand she looked down and picked up a new cigarette pack she'd stepped on . it appeared to had just been opened before. her eyes scanned around herself only to find everyone else wrapped up in their own enjoyment of the festivals atmosphere. who's was this...

——- ♡︎

the camera now focussed more onto thomas now. guy man seized this opportunity and used his silence as an advantage to sneak away and search for his cigarettes.

pushing and walking around through the crowds, he narrowed his eyes in searching. he brought his eyes down to the floor, then in contrast, to the stands.

"ugh.." he thought as he eventually gave up his search. at this point, someone else would have found his cigarette pack and took it for themselves.

he pushed some of his hair from his face and watched as someone picked up a cigarette pack in bewilderment. he composed himself and then approached her.

——— ꨄ

"ah.. désolé." he said clearing his throat a bit. she turned around. she didnt speak french. she smiled slightly.

"sorry i.. dont speak french." she admit shyly. guy-man nodded in understanding, moving his hair from his face again.

"im.. sorry. i think those.. are my cigarettes." as he spoke english, a thick french accent watered through, and he spoke at a slightly slower pace.

she laughed subtly then wiped some dirt off the pack. she held her hand out and passed the cigarettes to him.

he nodded in thanks and took them from her.

"if you need to buy another.. incase you loose them again.." she turned around and gestured towards a small stand dishing out packs. "that stand sells them."