𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬.

(𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕)

*knock knock.*

Laura clenched her face in bed, beginning to open her eyes at the sound of knocking on the door.

"It's... 10.. in the morning." she said sighing in frustration as she ripped off the warm duvet holding her comfortably in bed.

She tiredly trailed down the stairs and briefly caught a glimpse of guy man who appeared to still be deep in sleep, with the knitted blanket covering half of his face.

The house was significantly brighter now, despite the curtains still being drawn. The walls became brighter, and the art on her wall began to prevail.

She jammed her keys in the door and then opened it slowly only to see Thomas.

Her eyes widened a bit and then she rubbed her eyes to make sure this wasn't a morning dream.

"Hey.. Laura." Thomas said holding his breath a bit. His heart was pounding nervously and he had prepared a whole explanation for guy man if he was here.

he awkwardly smiled a bit.

"Thomas.. hey.." confused, she walked further down the hall, letting Thomas walk inside.

He hurried inside and closed the door behind himself, then awkwardly trying to explain why he was here.

"So.. um.. I know.. it's 10.. in the morning and I'm sorry for waking you.. which.. I assume that's what happened."

Laura simply nodded, closing her eyes for a second.

Thomas smiled a bit again. He looked at Laura and then realised she was still in her pajamas. He blushed a bit then laughed again.

"Should I.. just come back later then?.." he quietly added.

"N-no.. no it's fine. Really." She said trying to keep her voice down. She looked to guy man in the living room.

Turning her head back quickly to Thomas she itched her head a bit.

"So.. why.. exactly are you here so early?" She asked, almost sarcastically, but still with a smile on her bed ridden face.

It's because of guy man right?." she inquired again, raising her eyebrows a bit.

So, Thomas suspicions were right. He was here.. otherwise how the hell would she know?

Thomas held his breath briefly, then let out a sigh.

"Well come on then.. you can come in you know." Laura said smiling tiredly. she usually never smiled so much in the morning.. maybe it's because of how shy Thomas seemed right now.

Thomas then embarrassedly nodded and took his jacket and shoes off. He followed laura into her kitchen, and as he passed the living room he felt a glimpse of hope as his eyes caught guy man.

"He's still asleep?" Thomas asked as they entered her kitchen.

Her kitchen was abundant with small plants, painting her kitchen with shades of green - whilst the bigger plants hung from small crochet baskets.

The windows allowed light to seep into the room, with the view of Paris watching over her as she cooked or grabbed a snack.

"Sorry about the mess.. I didn't.. um.." Laura felt the back of her head as she saw the amount of cups and plates she let lay around beside the sink.

"No no I get it. I don't like doing dishes either. I could.. help you.. with them.. whilst .. I explain why I came.. although I'm guessing you already have an idea why if.. guy man is a-asleep.. on your couch."