𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

(𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕)

"okay.. let me go call her." guy man said seemingly a bit happy. he head towards the bedroom door, putting his headphones on one of thomas' shelves.

"wait.." Thomas said.

guy man raised an eyebrow and looked back.

"n-nothing. sorry."  thomas laughed a bit.

guy man shrugged and then left thomas room, gently closing the door behind himself.  he head for the living room to call her now.

Thomas felt an uneasy feeling bubble in his stomach. being left alone in his bedroom only left for his anxious thoughts to rampage in his mind.

"what am i going to do? what if .. she touches my arm again?! Or.. wait a minute.." he thought. slowly he stood up and moved over his keyboard, pacing around his crammed dimly lit room.

"was she flirting with me?.. last time i saw her.." he thought skeptically. he then furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head off. "no... No forget it. i mean.. shes pretty.. and nice.... ah.. stop."

he walked towards his bedroom door and reluctantly opened it.

he head for his living room where he knew guy man would be using his phone. he heard his distant voice, speaking on the phone and resorted to waiting in the hall before entering the living room.

"yes.. well me and thomas would uh.. love.. If you .. could come." guy man said, holding the phone in his hand.

he sat on thomas' humble grey couch which lay in front of a small brown coffee table, decorated with stray cups. the tv was playing mtv in the background quietly.

"yeah.. yeah okay. 8.. works." guy man said nodding a bit. his heart began pounding with nervousness at the thought of actually confessing to her. tonight.

"okay.. bye then." at the sound of the phone
being put down to the base, thomas then entered tbe living room. he smiled subtly, despite his inner thoughts and feelings unstable.

he sat down on the couch beside guy man.
"so.. is she coming around?" thomas asked.

guy man nodded, trying to supress a small smile. "yeah.. she'll be in an hour."

thomas nodded too. he faced the tv, his eyebrows beginning to fall into a furrow. guy man, on the contrast sat up.

"I think.. I'll confess outside.. maybe. No.. no.. maybe.. say you need the bathroom at one point.. when I'm ready of course.. and then.. I'll do it. I'll.. tell Natalie I have the biggest crush on her."

Thomas felt so bad. if he simply told guy man that she .. didn't seem interested... maybe it would spare guy man the heartbreak. after all, if she did like him, it wouldn't have been 2 years since something happened between them.

"guy-man.. can we... well.. can I ask you something?.." Thomas said, shifting his body to face guy man.

"mhm?." Guy man said facing him now, pushing some hair from his face.

"I- I think..." Thomas felt a nervous feeling erupt in his gut. he felt the words constrict in his throat.

"Natalie..."

guy man raised an eyebrow. "Yes?.."

Thomas slowly tried to smile.. then he sighed. "Come on.. say it.. say it.." he thought urgently.

but facing your best friend like this and having to tell him that the biggest crush he'd ever had on anyone.. didn't like him.. and could have liked his best friend instead felt.. horrible.

"I think she's .. great.. for you." Thomas said  failing miserably at delivering his message. He briefly closed his eyes in frustration then sighed. Opening his eyes again, he forced an awkward smile.

"Really..? Thanks Thomas. You're my best bud for a reason." Guy man said gratefully. He stood up and then headed over to the kitchen, hoping to prepare some of her favourite snacks.

Thomas groaned to himself. " why - why of all things.. did I say that?!" he thought. he put his head in his hands and leaned back on his couch. 

the feeling of his cold hands on his face only personified the sheer amount of guilt he'd feel when guy man confessed and said she liked Thomas instead.

——ꨄ

*ring ring.*

peeking through his hands at the phone, he reluctantly sat up and reached for the phone. he placed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Thomas said  curiously.

"Hi guy man.. sorry to call again-" Natalie said on the line.

Oh crap. She thinks this is guy man.

"Ahah.. hey.. Natalie. This is Thomas."

Natalie smiled to herself then put some hair behind her ear.

"Hey.. Thomas. Haha.. sorry. I thought this was guy man.. how are you?"

Thomas sighed a bit then smiled slightly.

"Ahh.. you know. I'm okay. Me and guy man are happy to have you over. How are you? And why did you call again?.."

Natalie felt a smile unable to wipe off her face. Thomas voice being right in her ear made her slightly nervous... but happy.

"I'm okay.. you know.. as always when I'm talking to you.." Natalie then stopped and felt her face blush and added hesitantly. " and g-guy man of course."

Thomas' grip on the phone tightened a bit and his eyebrows raised. "Whaaaat..." he thought.

"I'm okay.. yeah .. I just called to know if.. I should bring a movie I rented around.. or any s-snacks.."

"I see..." Thomas said.. he cleared his throat a bit. " bring whatever you want to. I'm sure we'd appreciate anything. Or- not.. you know. just-" Thomas was loosing the words as he spoke. What she said earlier just threw him off guard.

"Okay.. I'll bring.. a movie I rented. Cool.." Natalie said, looking over at the movie she rented in a plastic bag from the video shop.

"Mhm.." Thomas said nodding to himself. He felt uneasy again.. but at the same time felt something in his stomach. Oh great. If she was already being this forward on the phone.. god knows what would happen in person.

---- ☆

what exactly was thomas feeling?...