nine

nueve

the man

------

bahrain international airport/ saudi arabia

it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon and tali was patiently waiting for her flight to saudi arabia.

she was currently in the premium lounge drinking coffee by a table while tania was looking for some makeup products that had exploded on her bag when flying to bahrain in the nearest sephora in the airport.

she had her laptop open and was currently on facetime talking with her friends.

her friends had been her biggest pilar of support through tough times and the people that kept her up to date on the gossip going on at school.

wait.

the author is yet to explain her educational development.

is she a drop out?

is she on hiatus?

tali wishes sometimes.

but when she was about to enter high school she told her parents that no matter how hard it was, she wanted to continue at least until graduating high school, choosing a school that was okay with her going to school when she had off weeks and doing all her assignments long distance without having assistance as a problem.

at the time her future in motorsport wasn't as certain as now. she needed a plan b more than she wanted it.

during her first year, she struggled a bit with friends, some using her just to get stuff in exchange like followers, views, free stuff, taking advantage of her generosity or simply full on trips. thank goodness she never took any of them to her races.

but in her second year she found her friend group that loved her as much as she loved them.

she was sitting down on the small but comfy couch as they were comfortably on their beds since it was really late at night for them.

tali felt a bit guilty but in her defense they asked her to call.

"what did he tell you?" tali asked as she reached for her drink, invested in caro's situationship.

"that he wanted to start taking things more seriously, but he still doesn't communicate clearly when we disagree." was what caro said through the screen in a frustrated tone.

"you should dump him." said díaz bluntly. she didn't like her name so her last name was her nickname.

"let's not be extreme..." danna said cautiously. "talk to him about this and try to make him see this. if he's not willing to change, that will only develop into a toxic relationship, you'll know if it's better to leave or keep trying."

"THIS. i've known you for years, caro. if he's not what you need or want there are plenty of people who will see how amazing you are and will know how to appreciate that." stated maru.

"well, let's not keep talking about that, let's talk about tali and her men." caro said dropping the topic after listening to her friends' advice.

"men? which men? and why plural?" tali asked, confused.

"well..." danna started avoiding eye contact through the screen. "don't make me tell her. maru, you say it." she begged.

maru sighed.