twelve

doce

the man

------

saturday/ practice and qualifying/ jeddah

she was currently in her camper. she had a couple hours free before the third practice so she texted elias to see if he was free to help her out with calculus.

she had sent the text 2 minutes ago, he was already knocking at her door.

"hi." tali said once she opened the door, letting the 17 year old boy in.

"hi." he said back as he laid his own backpack against the foot of a chair.

"i can't thank you enough for wanting to help me out." she said thankfully as he sat down in front of her.

"it's fine, don't worry. i'm happy to help." he said with a shrug and a small smile.

"what is harder for you?" he asked innocently to try and figure out where the girl needed more help.

"you did not just ask me that." tali said with a worried frown.

"something wrong?" the boy asked cautiously.

"i just..." she began with a bit of shame. "i have dyscalculia. i can't solve mathematical problems by myself, and if by some gracious happening i can, i forget how to do it the next day." she said, picking at the skin around her nails.

"that's nothing to be ashamed about. we can't be good at everything. you're a badass driver and smart, math is just not your forte. lucky for you, it's mine so i can help you with no problem." he said softly as he took a notebook out of his backpack.

"let me borrow your ebook and see what the topic is. then i will help you with the procedure that is indicated." he said as he stretched his hand towards tali, which had her very tempted to just reach and hold it forever, but she didn't.

and elias did exactly as he said. he was so cute but also so hot but also so smart but also so amazing but also so balanced that tali found herself in more problems than the ones written in her notebook.

natalia bianchi rodriguez was falling in love with elias christian wolff.

shit.

------

tali was once again standing by a screen waiting until the mechanics told her to get in the car.

she was eager to get in the car. the debrief from the day before had been an eye opener for some issues so she would help figure it out during this practice. they had told her they wouldn't focus on timings but rather on the issues they could fix for qualifying.

the p11 didn't discourage her that much because of this.

as soon as she got out of the car after finishing her 19 laps, she approached marcus at the pitwall and told him about the problems she had noticed.