Chapter 8:

What if I was in Futuramous, A Virtual Reality RPG?

Chapter 8: The Wek-end after training

Separator...

Standing in the middle of the grassy arena that can transform into almost anything such as grasslands, a beach, inside of a 10-story building full of glass windows, the insides of a volcano, on top of a frozen bridge that Prince Flinn and Lady Lynn fought on 10 years ago, or even on one of NASA's ships in outer space and as Griselda stood about a hundred feet from me, I had my katana out which told my device either I was going to fight to the death or have a bout. As I place my sword in a balanced formation with my wrist hidden from my opponent as my blades head is at my mid-section in thrusting position, I heard Griselda say, "nice. Looks like you know your basic stance of Chudan-no-kamae which stands for (Middle-level See.) It's a basic defensive stance in Japanese sword fighting like Japanese Jiujitsu. Who taught you your form?"

Hearing her appraisal, giving her a small grin, I said, "I don't normally tell anyone. However, I guess I can tell you that I use to go to my mom's Krav Maga class and I also do Brazilian and traditional Jiujitsu with a mix of different blades, but when my mom gave me the choice of using a wooden long sword or a Katana. I chose the Katana because I like the balance of speed and agility while I am still able to move around without any restrictions that a long sword has especially since I am not going for a power brute."

"Interesting. Looks like I'm gonna have to see how good you really are since I see that you do know MMA as one of your skills."

"To let you know, I am still learning how to use one of these things, but I'm sure that I can learn pretty quick."

Giving me a nod even though I couldn't see her, she told me, "sounds good. That's why I am here and to tell you the truth, in high school, nobody really knows how to master a weapon of their choice in the very beginning. For you to already master your stance, that makes whoever that is going to train you a happy puppy because it's one less lesson that they have to train you. Enough talking, let's fight."

Feeling my adrenalin starting to pump through my veins, I can feel the odd sensation of excitement building up and once Aislinn announce over the speakers that this will be a sparring training match between myself and Griselda then describing the stage that this will be normal training grasslands. With her telling us to step into our circles and as I listened to my device to back up about 20 paces, waiting for her to say (fight,) I started to plan on what I should do first. Not knowing what weapon, she has until my device gives me my next set of details, I just stood there in my balanced defense stance and preyed that my body will be able to listen to my commands instead of the game mechanics.

Separator...

Griselda:

Standing across from Carry who seems to be pondering something which showed on his face and with him not knowing that her preferred weapon is a whip since she has a lot of skills that she can use on it such as (fire fury, fire snap, and even inferno twister.) She feels pretty bad for whipping his body on the grass field, but since she's getting a feel of a level 1 shape shifter/ mimic and most likely, he doesn't even know how to use any of his abilities if he can even use them since his manna must be extremely low, but again, that's why she is here to strengthen his body. As she thinks about it, if he does have a strong elemental and if his reports are correct that he is an angelic dragon of death. She can be in trouble. Shaking her head then telling herself that he is no different from any other person she has fought, she placed her mind back on the spar itself and once Aislinn finally said, (FIGHT!) She instantly charged towards him just until she made it to a reasonable distance to start releasing her powers to start off with to see how he would react to them.