13°

I woke up groggy, crinkled my eyes and yawned.

Like every morning I tried to immediately remove the memories left behind from that night of pure anguish.

I struggled to get up and reached the small private bathroom in my room crawling on my feet.

Jake still hadn't been heard from so I assumed he was still asleep, so I took the opportunity to take a shower.

When the little black instrument rang I had just left my room.

Mr Hale was sitting on the bed with his hair wet and a nice jasmine scent hovered all around him.

-You took a shower.- I deduced, catching a glimpse of the fogged-up mirror glass in his small bathroom.

He nodded as I opened the large wardrobe to choose how he should dress, I carefully selected each garment trying not to look at his body wrapped in his bathrobe.

When he appeared at the doorstep he was wearing a grey and red shirt tucked into a pair of black jeans, on his right lobe he had a silver pendant and on his left a small earring.

He slipped a silver ring into his right hand and then placed the dark glasses over his nose and proceeded to walk out of the room.

-Shall we go?- He said, already reaching for my arm in the air.

-Right away?- I was surprised by his eagerness to get out.

-Yes, right away.- He asserted decisively, finding my arm and grabbing it ready to be led.

-If that's the case, let's walk.- I didn't move an inch.

-I won't waste my money on a stupid taxi again.-

If he could have glanced at me at that moment, I'm sure he would have done it more than willingly.

He raised an eyebrow, smiling mockingly.

-Then I guess I should call Liam.- He said, turning away from me and heading for the entrance with the help of his cane.

I followed him almost running because one of his steps was the equivalent of two of mine.

As soon as he found the small panel next to the door he clicked the third button starting from the left, there was a screeching noise for a few seconds, then someone answered.

-Mr Hale?-

-Hi Liam, my assistant and I need a ride.-

I had never heard Jake speak in such a friendly way to anyone, even the Mr. on the other end of the line looked astonished.

-I'll be right there.-

-We'll be waiting for you.- The boy pushed the button again, ending the call and leaning his back against the wall, crossing his arms.

-Who have you called?- I couldn't help asking.

-My driver.- He informed me nonchalantly, playing with his ring.

-I knew it!- A little yelp escaped me.

-Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would have saved money for the taxi that day!- I said, beginning to gesticulate furiously.

-Because you didn't ask me.- he replied bluntly.

I clenched my fists while breathing deeply, why did his answer make so much sense?

Given his past career as a model, his father's popularity and his obvious good financial situation I should have expected something like this.