Prologue

How did I end up in this situation?

I stood in the dimly lit courtroom, the weight of my situation pressed down on me like an iron fist. The words of the foreperson echoed in my ears, each syllable heavy with the weight of my fate.

"Marchioness Alicia De Monreal has been found guilty... The first count, poisoning Lady Hannah of the Raize Family. Second count..."

My heart sank as the verdict was pronounced, sealing my destiny in stone. Despite everything I had done, despite the sacrifices I had made, this was the cruel reward fate had in store for me.

"Judgment, death!"

The words hung in the air like a death knell, signalling the end of everything I had known. Rough hands seized me, dragging me to my feet as the world spun around me. But even in that moment of dizziness and despair, I refused to let go of my resolve.

With every ounce of strength I could muster, I lifted my gaze to meet Elroy's eyes. Hatred burned in his gaze, fueled by his misguided belief in my guilt. But I refused to let him see me crumble.

I wanted him to see the face of innocence staring back at him, to know that even in the face of death, I would not yield to his accusations. With every fiber of my being, I vowed to fight until my last breath, to shout the truth of my innocence for all to hear.

As I knelt before the merciless jaws of the guillotine, bitter defiance welled up within me, mingling with the palpable sense of betrayal that hung heavy in the air.

"Crown Prince Elroy Tudor, I want you to remember this day," I spoke, my voice carrying the weight of my conviction. "The day that you executed your most loyal subordinate."

Memories flooded my mind, swirling amidst the chaos of my thoughts. I recalled the first time our paths had crossed, the chill of Elroy's demeanor as he stood before me. Despite the icy barrier he erected around himself, I had once believed in the flicker of goodness buried deep within his heart.

Or so I had thought.

The crowd's fervent cries for my demise tore through the air like a jagged blade, drowning out the whispers of doubt that lingered in the recesses of my mind.

"KILL THE TRAITOR!"

"TRAITOR!"

"KILL THAT SHAMELESS WOMAN NOW!"

Their accusations pierced me to the core, stripping away the facade of loyalty that I had worn for so long. With a bitter smirk tugging at my lips, I dared to meet their condemning gazes, a silent challenge lingering in my defiant stare.

But then, as if on cue, the final blow to my shattered resolve came crashing down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: I will write every week 3-4 chapters.
PS. I am new to this. And I would love to share my imagination with you guys. If you like the story please do vote for every page. Your support and love will help me become inspired to write more.
)