41

ONE MONTH LATER

A month had passed by with nobody but my own band members finding out about my relationship with Jake.

Safe to say, they all saw it coming.

My previous apartment had been reinforced, locks, everything. But was I going to move back into my own house when I literally lived with Jake?

No, exactly.

Besides, my cat seemed to like Jake more than me anyways, so why would I take him away from Jake?

"Haerin!" Jake called for my name, I head over to where he was, and he stood in the living room, in a big black puffer, zipped up to his neck.

I looked at him, baffled, but with laughter.

"Where the hell are you off to?" I chuckled, "It's eleven at night." I looked out of the windows, it was dark and cold outside.

"Hey. Come on, let's go for a walk." He offered eagerly, and I just stared at him, blankly.

"Like this?" I raised a brow, pointing to his long coat.

He unzipped his coat slightly down, now it looked more normal.

"Jesus, who knew a girl could hate on me so much." Jake scoffed, rolling his eyes as he followed behind, watching as I grabbed my coat and put it on.

I was about to leave the house with him, up until he dragged me by the hood backwards. I stared at him in confusion.

He crouched down slightly, zipping my coat up for me. As the zip reached near my neck, Jake stared at me, sparkles in his eyes.

"It's very cold outside, can't have the biggest female idol getting unwell." Jake chuckled, heading out of his place as I followed behind.

I linked my arm with his, I looked like an idiot in my long, puffy coat too, Jake said I looked cute, but did I feel cute in this? Not really.

We head out towards a park nearby, nobody was really outside, considering the time and how cold it was outside.

Which is why it's a good moment for us to go out at this time. Barely anybody was around, it was dark, which all lessened the chances of either of us getting caught.

Jake didn't really care either way.

We approached a park illuminated by street lamps, it wasn't a big park, just more of a route of concrete paths around a children's playground.

It was a sweet night, for some reason, it just felt super nice walking around like this. I still couldn't comprehend I was actually dating Jake.

Midst walk, Jake pointed over to a stall situated on the side.

"Look, these food stalls are here at this time?" Jake chuckled as we began making our way towards them.

"You're right, and it's open." I smiled, we made our way to the van, and it was actually running at this time.

An older man was in the van, staring at some newspaper up until we approached it. He stared at us, smiling.

"Oh hello! How can I help you?" He chuckled, thankfully not recognising us. I wouldn't expect him to really.

"What do you want?" Jake glanced over to me as I read the menu. The stall sold street food, as I expected.

"Hm, I want a rice-cake skewer, aaaand, a churros." I looked back at Jake with a smile as he nodded, giving a smile too.

"Then, make that two rice-cake skewers and two churros." Jake pulled out his wallet, placing a few bills on the top of the counter.

The man nodded ahead, preparing the food we ordered. There's no better feeling than warm food on a cold night.

The man handed us our food, and as we circled around the park, we ate the food, content with how life was going.

As we reached the end of the park, I thought I heard someone calling for my name. Jake seemed as if he heard it too.

I looked back, Jake looked back, and then I looked at him.

"Is someone shouting my name?" I asked Jake, wondering if I was just hearing things or not.

"Uh, I have no idea, I mean, I hear it too, but it's very faint." Jake looked around, as did I.

I really did doubt that someone was calling for me, I mean, there was little to no one here, and from such a faint distance? I believed that it should be nothing for me to worry about.

"That is so weird." I shrugged, looking over at Jake who just linked my arm with his, continuing with our walk back home.

"Let's just go home, just incase." Jake chuckled, we made our way home.

I stepped inside, Yeong immediately greeting us as we came in. Tomorrow would surely be a busy day, Mingho is preparing us for a new concept, and obviously, that's quite a lot.

I gave a sigh, Jake turning around to look at me.

"What's the sigh for?" Jake gave a small laugh, staring at me.

"Tomorrow will just be exhausting, new comeback this, new comeback that." I ruffled my hair as he approached me, placing his arms around my waist and engulfing me in a hug.

"Let's just go to sleep then." Jake suggested, and I just completely agreed with him, heading towards his room.