Chapter 1

"Excuse me po, I'm looking for a historical-fantasy book? Do you have any reccomendations?" I asked the keeper, at the book shop.

"Doon, hija. Sa bandang dulo. Kaso nga lang, karamihan sa nga libro ro'n e, luma na. Pero 'wag kang mag-alala, mababa naman ang presyo," the old woman smiled at me.

I think she looks so adorable, she looks like those grandma's in books, that are sweet and knows about magic.

Hays, how I wish magic exists in this chaotic world.

As I reached the last section of the book shop, I felt so good. The smell of the books, are weirdly amazing.

I looked from top to bottom and read the books one by one. Just in case, I might be interested in something.

I guess I already opened 30 books, and most of them are so clichè. The beast from 1000 years ago married a 20 year old, single and simple, human girl? I like it, but I can already guess the plot.

I was ready to give up, when I saw a weird looking book.

It has a brown simple cover with flower prints on it, what made it more weird is, the cover is made out of leather!

I opened it, and the story is all about a princess from a hundred years ago.

Marami na rin akong nabasang ganito, but this book is beautiful.

It has drawings of places, characters, foods, and animals. There are also different types of magic, with description and what can it do. There are also kingdoms, with description.

I checked the last page of the book, and it says that it's inspired from real events, a hundred years ago. The author of the book, was not mentioned either.

Hmff, it's cute so I'll get it. Maybe they didn't mentioned the author for a more magical vibe.

I went to the counter and it costs 200php! Cheap for a book, right?

I thanked the old woman. I love her, I've been buying books from her, since I was 10.

⋆。𖦹°⭒˚。⋆

I went home and cleaned the whole house. I went to our bedroom and did my homework.

Pakiramdan ko sobrang inspired akong maging productive ngayon dahil sa bago kong libro.

I finished doing my homework within an hour.

I decided to read the book I just bought.

I found a piece of paper, and I decided to read it.

The main character is a princess who has a kind heart, everyone adores her not until, they realized that the princess doesn't have magical powers.

She was forced to marry a powerful prince from a far away kingdom. To mantain her family's strength, power, and influence.

She doesn't love the prince, but the prince showered her with so much love. She doesn't have anything to complain about.

The prince does anything for her, but she's secretly loves the prince of the shadows. Which is their kingdom's mortal enemy.

They became friends when they were young. But they never knew their real identities, not until their kingdoms fought in a war. The prince of shadows, warned the princess about his father's plan to kill her, because she holds the magic that protects the whole kingdom.

They became friends, and soon fell in love with each other. The prince was heartbroken to learn that the princess needs to marry a powerful prince.

But they continued their relationship. Soon, the princess's husband learned about the affair and declared war to the kingdom of the shadows.