CHAPTER 6

As the days stretched into a month, Suno's condition deteriorated further, the relentless growth of the flower inside his lungs consuming him from within. Sleep eluded him, his nights stolen by the relentless demands of their impending comeback.

Each passing day brought new challenges, with moments of exhaustion threatening to overwhelm him. Despite his best efforts to conceal his deteriorating health, there were times when he would space out or collapse, his body betraying him in the most inconvenient of moments. Yet, even in the midst of his suffering, Suno remained resolute in his determination to keep his condition hidden, fabricating excuses to explain away his lapses.

But deep down, Suno knew that he was running out of time. The fear of discovery loomed over him like a dark cloud, a constant reminder of the consequences that awaited him if his secret were to be exposed. With each passing moment, the weight of his burden grew heavier, and Suno knew that he could not afford to let his guard down. Because he knew this secret could not remain hidden forever,driving him to act swiftly.With a heavy heart, he devise a plan.Though the steps that he must take will be hurtful and lonely, he knew they were necessary to protect him and them....

Today, they were granted a rare respite, a brief reprieve from the relentless whirlwind of preparations for their impending comeback. With only two weeks left until their performance, the looming specter of impending chaos hung heavy in the air. Yet, amidst the anticipation of the storm to come, they found gratitude in the present moment, appreciating the fleeting calm before the inevitable frenzy. For Suno, it was an opportunity he couldn't afford to waste.

With determination in his heart, Suno resolved to visit a doctor, desperate to gain insight into his deteriorating condition. The weight of unanswered questions burdened his soul: Was his condition worsening? What stage had his illness progressed to? Would he ever find relief from the relentless torment of his disease?

As Suno contemplated these questions, a sense of urgency gripped him. But before Suno could even reach for the door handle, a voice called out from behind him. "Hyung? Where are you going?" Niki's inquiry echoed in the hallway, accompanied by the puzzled expression of Sunghoon standing beside him. Sunghoon's furrowed brow betrayed his confusion, a silent question hanging in the air as to why Suno was leaving.

For Sunghoon, Suno's sudden departure was unexpected. He had assumed that all the members would seize the opportunity to relax and indulge in laziness, as they often did when given free time. However, Suno's decision to leave the dorm left him feeling uneasy, sensing that something was amiss. Over the past few months, Sunghoon had noticed subtle changes in Suno's behavior, a lingering sense of unease that he couldn't quite put into words. He wasn't alone in his observations; Jungwon and Niki had also begun to notice the shifts in Suno's demeanor, though they, too, remained uncertain of the cause.

As Suno stood at the threshold, faced with the questioning gaze of his concerned bandmates, the weight of his decision to seek medical attention hung heavy in the air. Despite the uncertainty and fear that gnawed at his resolve, he knew that he could no longer ignore the whispers of concern echoing within him. With a deep breath, he turned to face Niki and Sunghoon, mustering a faint smile as he spoke, "I'm just going out for a bit. I'll be back soon." And with that, he stepped out into the unknown, his quest for answers propelling him forward into the uncertain future.

After bidding Niki and Sunghoon a brief farewell, Suno slipped away from the dorm, making his way to a trusted clinic in secret. With each familiar step, he felt a sense of relief wash over him, knowing that this place held the key to his clandestine medical consultations.

For over a year now, Suno had entrusted his health to this particular hospital,the hospital is not big providing him with the privacy and anonymity he so desperately sought. Despite the countless check-ups and treatments he had undergone within these walls,this clinic offered him a sense of security, ensuring that none of his visits had ever been exposed to the public eye.

As he stepped through the door, he was greeted by the warm smile of the doctor, Cha Eun-woo, whom he had known since his high school days. The familiarity of their relationship brought a sense of security, easing the anxiety that had gnawed at Suno's resolve.

"Hyung!" Suno greeted Eun-woo warmly, grateful for the comfort of their shared history. It was reassuring to know that the same person who had cared for him in the past was now overseeing his treatment.

A chuckle escaped Eun-woo's lips as he welcomed Suno into the office. "You haven't been here in a while, so I was starting to worry," he remarked, his concern evident in the gentle tone of his voice. Leaning forward, he asked, "How have you been?"

Suno hesitated for a moment, grappling with the weight of his deteriorating condition. Despite his efforts to conceal the extent of his struggles, Eun-woo's keen observation skills did not escape him. With a heavy sigh, Suno met Eun-woo's gaze, knowing that he could not hide the truth from this person.

"You know I'm your doctor, right?" Eun-woo reassured Suno, his voice filled with concern. "You have to tell me how you're feeling so I can help you, just like during our past check-ups."

Suno nodded, his smile tinged with relief at Eun-woo's reassuring words. Taking a deep breath, he began to articulate the myriad symptoms and struggles he had been facing in recent days, leaving no detail unspoken.

As Suno spoke, Eun-woo's expression grew increasingly grave, his concern evident in the furrow of his brow and the somber set of his lips. He listened intently, absorbing every word Suno uttered, his mind already formulating a plan of action.

"Okay," Eun-woo stated, his voice tinged with determination. "We'll run some tests to get a better understanding of what's going on."

After undergoing tests and procedures, Suno waited anxiously in the office for half an hour until Eun-woo entered with a deeply concerned expression. Suno braced himself for the news, but nothing could prepare him for what he was about to hear.

"So, you already know your condition is not normal," Eun-woo began, his voice heavy with gravity. "It's not normal to have this disease for over 2 years." He paused, taking a deep breath before delivering the devastating blow. "Your disease needs to be treated immediately. It's at a deadly stage now. You can't delay the operation anymore."

Suno felt as if the ground had been pulled out from beneath him. He struggled to comprehend the severity of his condition, his mind reeling with the implications of what Eun-woo had just revealed.

"And unfortunately, I can't treat you," Eun-woo continued, his disappointment palpable. "My small hospital can't handle such a big operation." Suno's heart sank further at the realization that even his trusted doctor was unable to help him.

"But don't worry," Eun-woo interjected, his tone shifting to one of reassurance. "I have a friend in Japan who can help. He's a colleague from my college days, and he has access to advanced equipment at the hospital where he works. They specialize in treating patients with your disease, so you'll be in good hands."

Suno nodded silently, his eyes cast downward, still grappling with the overwhelming news. Eun-woo knelt in front of him, offering words of comfort and support, but Suno's mind was consumed with uncertainty and fear.

As Eun-woo broached the topic of informing others " So, do you have a plan of informing the members of your group,the manager, and the company about this treatment in Japan?" Suno felt a pang of anxiety. He hadn't yet disclosed his condition to anyone in the group, and the prospect of revealing the truth weighed heavily on him.

"Yeah, I have a plan," Suno replied hesitantly, his voice barely above a whisper. Despite his assurances, doubts gnawed at him.

"Suno felt the threat of unraveling the fragile semblance of normalcy he had tried so hard to maintain."

" I know the appearance of our Cha Eun-woo in this chapter is very sudden hehe, but I hope you guys like it. gnight!

words: 1438