𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 - 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

Hey again! From the prologue, you know me as Eggs, the sole writer and illustrator for this story. I just want to say, thanks for reading the prologue! It was my first experience with something like this, and it was honestly really fun! I've gotten a lot of positive feedback, someone even said that "I was possessed by Shakespeare", which is most definitely an overstatement. I actually think this chapter is a little worse than the prologue, so hopefully I'll do better on the next chapter.

As per usual, here are my socials:

Twitter: EggsToast_

Instagram: _eggstoast_

Discord: eggstoast

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 - 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

The completely belaboured ruins of the apartment complex lays waste in the once lively city. A few months have passed since the close extinction of humanity. The infrastructure is at its knees after the invasion from those things. They have since left, but Earth is suffering. Despite the tragedy, three humans remain. Humans that withstood the invasion, ones who survived. Sarah, Asher, and Kirra. These three people were left completely...

𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃.

...THUMP!!

Well, it could be said they were left unscathed... If it wasn't for this giant gash underneath my left eye!!

Asher holds his cheek, wincing at the pain. He looks beside him, seeing a bloodied piece of brick. Ah, it must've fell from the roof. That really hurt! He uncovers the wound, and looks at his hand, seeing a concerningly large amount of blood. Though he feels light-headed, Asher sits back up. Where am I...?

Looking at his surroundings, it looked like... Sarah's disgusting room. Great, the first thing I wake up to... But, after noticing who he's holding in his arms, Asher's mood completely changes. "Kirra!" He exclaims, trying to shake her awake. "Please, wake up! We're mostly okay!"

After a few moments of shaking, Kirra begins to regain consciousness as her eyes slowly open. "A-Asher...? Where... are we...?" She mutters, disoriented from her coma. "We're in Sarah's house. I'm so glad you're okay..." Asher answers, but as soon as Kirra looks up at his face, she gasps and jumps in shock. "What happened to your face?!" She exclaims, looking to see if there's anything nearby to clean it up with. "Nah, I'm fine..." No, I am not fine. This hurts like hell. Why am I saying that I'm okay?

Kirra sighs, looking at Asher sympathetically. "You always act like this... Look, I'm going upstairs to my apartment to find something to patch you up. Stay right here, alright?" She says, squatting down to face him. "...Yeah, yeah, you do you..." Asher answers, in turn causing a smile to be painted on Kirra's face. "Good!" She says, turning to the front door. Though, after opening it, she is stoked at the sight she beholds.