𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈 - 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀

Author's Note: Well, you're up to Chapter II, thanks for actually sticking around! I didn't really like the last chapter, so hopefully this one will make up for it. By the way, it's a good time to mention that some of these chapter titles are based off of different media, this one being a reference to, well, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata of course.

Once again, here are my socials:

Twitter: EggsToast_

Instagram: _eggstoast_

Discord: eggstoast

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈 - 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀

The night sky. The city smog has cleared up since the extinction of humanity, allowing the stars to glimmer brightly. A hue of jet black and matte purple, along with the shimmering moon allowed for a spectacular sight.

On the hard concrete surface, Asher lied, looking up to the heavens. This location is the same as where he smoked when the sun was setting earlier that evening. Currently, the two girls were asleep in the alcove underneath, wrapped up in the warm blankets they got from a store not too far from here. Of course, being the moral woman she is, Kirra made both Asher and Sarah pay for everything they took, even though everyone's presumably dead.

Why didn't the three of them just find a house to live in? All of the surrounding shelters were either completely destroyed or filled with chunks of rock and or shattered glass, practically making it unliveable.

Asher put his hand up to his cheek, feeling the bandages that covered up his wound. What's even the point of this...? The blood was dried up anyway. But still, he kept it on, because if Kirra found out he took it off she would be fuming. Time is at a stand-still, everything is dead silent. Just Asher's soft breathes and the cold, silent breeze.

Why exactly was Asher lying in the rubble when he could be sleeping in the cosy, blanketed alcove? Because... That kid kicked me out!! Some hogwash about "no guys allowed"? We're at the end of the world, I could die out here! Asher clenches his fist, soon after sighing. At least I got my blankets, I guess.

From beneath him, the sound of soft footsteps could be heard. Peering down, Asher saw a familiar face, and he scoffed. "The hell do you want?" He says, furrowing his brow. "Oh, so you're up there. How did you even...?" Before Sarah could finish her sentence, Asher simply points to some fallen rubble leading the way up. "You and I both know I can't get up there. How about you just come down? I need to talk to you." She says, putting her hand on her hip. "Not a chance. Get up here yourself, then we can."