the ghosts

Atlas got home, and like everyday, the house was silent

Atlas got home, and like everyday, the house was silent. If Atlas was being honest, he hated being at home. It's not because he hates his parents, because he loves them more than anyone; he just hated silence. It made him uncomfortable and uneasy. Since he's grown up with silence, he should probably be used to it, but in the sixteen years he has been alive, he's never gotten used to it. "Hey mom" Atlas says as he walks into the house, seeing his mom with bloodshot eyes "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay" Emily says as she quickly wipes the tears away from her eyes, not wanting Atlas to see her crying. They had Atlas to make up for the mistakes that they made with Luke, but instead, they just kept making more mistakes. Instead of them raising Atlas, he was too busy trying to take care of them. Atlas had to grow up quicker than the rest of the people his age. With emotionally unavailable parents, he didn't only have to take care of them, but he had to take care of himself as well. Atlas raised himself the best that he could, and even though Emily knew she could of done better to raise Atlas, she was proud of the man that he was becoming. "How was school?"

"Same as everyday" Atlas says with a shrug "I'm going over to Julie's later, if that is okay?"

"Of course it's okay" Emily says with a smile "Tell them all I said hello."

"Will do" Atlas says with a small smile before walking to his room, closing the door with a sigh. Whenever Emily was in the house by herself, she would sit and cry while looking through the photos of Luke growing up and Atlas knew this very well. Atlas had never been told much about Luke, all he knew was that his name is Luke and he died in 1995. As much as he would love to know more about his older brother, he knew it was a sensitive subject to bring up with his parents, so he decided to just leave his older brother as a mystery. It wasn't like he was ever going to met the guy.

TIME SKIP BY ATLAS RAISING HIMSELF (atlas deserves better)

"Ray, your third child is here!" Atlas shouts as he walks into the Molina house. It had became a normal thing for Atlas to show up to the house unannounced as well as just walking in whenever he pleased. Ray has always be fine with it though since he basically thought of Atlas as his third child at this point.

"Julie's in the studio!" Ray shouts, knowing that Atlas would want to see Julie.

"In the studio? Is she playing again?" Atlas asks, knowing that Julie hasn't step foot in the studio since her mom died.

"She's cleaning it out" Ray says as he walks towards the front door, where Atlas is standing "We're taking photos for selling the house."

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that" Atlas says sadly with a frown on his face. Even though he doesn't live there, he does think of the Molina house as a second home for him. The Patterson boy has basically grown up there, it's his happy place, he doesn't want to have to say goodbye to it.