Chapter 2

Mood of the day : Tired! 

         ***

/First Person P.O.V./ 

          ***

'Crush' , such a small word. A mere five letter word we all are oh-so-familiar with. It might be the boy we see in the parking lot , the senior who is in the same club , the professor who is extremely hot , the close relative whom we deny to call 'bro' , the next door enemy.

Or the chivalrous K-pop hunks we are stuck up on, the cute convenience store cashier, the cricketer who stole our heart with those smashing sixes , maybe our best friend or even the cute girl we met in a party. 

It's a vicious cycle. Sweaty palms , erratic heart beat , such nervousness that we feel our mind go blank and how can we forget the teeny - tiny butterflies which flutter in our stomach.

The options are many, there's no age limit and the symptoms are same all around. But ... The end results? They are never the same. 

What is the recipe for correct crush-ship you ask? 

Well, a perfect blend of two opposite personalities with a similarity that brings them closer, a meet cute incident, the unrushed feelings, some unattainable madness, some teensy , innocent gestures , some eye contact , blushes and smiles, some candid chit chat and add a lots of support from some crazy friends ... And what you get will be a fairy tale , crush turned lovers trope. Ah, the joy!

But what if everything in this mix topples? 

Then , everything you dreamt about comes tumbling down the beautiful mountain of serenity you 'seem' to have created and spreads all over the floor for some wicked people to crush. 

This is me Aryahi Singh Parihar and this my 'wistful memoir'. And the person around whom this incident is centered, stands in front of me as cool as a cucumber. My school crush or should I say the only crush I have ever had, Agastya Kadam. 

Standing between the people who once studied under the same roof, I realize that not only me but others too have changed over these years. 

Like the over friendly , loud mouth and disinterested in studies, Ayaan Tyagi has cleared the global accountant exam. The less talkative, Pratik, now has such great command on oratory skills that he's a youtuber. 

The fashion Diva, Bhawna, works for an NGO. The shy, introvert, Mia is a high school teacher. The sharp witted , commanding Raina works in an MNC. Or the ever studious and reserved Namay has become a people charmer. 

But some people remain the same, like , the queen bee, Aadhya, who still carries herself with the same charm or should I say arrogance. Or the modest, Pragati, still looks the same chirpy self.

However major the changes might be, I can still feel the presence of some traits of their old personality which helps me recognize them. But two people have changed so dramatically that I fail to connect with them. Not that I wanted to. 

Agastya Kadam, whose every feature was once printed in my brain's mother board, now has a hazy face in my memory. He has modified into a 5"8' man of such boyish charm that he has a few heads turning. But my eyes remains fixed in his direction, trying to faintly find him. But all in vain. 

And then the once closest in the bunch, my crazy, messy, quirky, scrawny 'best friend',  Navya Bedi has transformed into a loud, extroverted Fashionista. But what is a true shocker you ask? My ex best friend having her arms looped around the elbow of my ex crush. Life is full of adventures! 

Getting out of my thoughts by the feel of Janhvi's hand on mine, I look at Pragati. "We have the young, leading woman entrepreneur, Aryahi Singh Parihar with us?" Her honest and surprised voice brings the first genuine smile of the day on my face.