Chapter thirty

As I'm driving I remember that there's probably a tracker in the car. So I drive to the cornfield nearby and park in the middle of it. I hop out of the car and lock it.

I needed to see Addison. Just one last time. I needed to tell her that I love her and I wished the best for her. I dart towards the direction of the house.

Once it comes into sight, I make sure that no one is around and I climb up the house and onto the third floor. Once I'm up, I crouch down by the window. I see Addison, Mom, Jess, and Monica.

They're all in their blue dresses, with their hair up all nice and their makeup done to perfection. But Addison, she has on her beautiful but simple wedding dress. Her hair is half braided with little white flowers in it. She has a simple makeup look.

I sigh and look towards the door and I see my blue dress that she picked out for me. Guess I'll never have to worry about wearing that. Eventually they all leave except for Addison. She's sitting in front of the mirror and making sure everything is in place. She seems, sad. Sad, hurt, lost, but happy.

I take a deep breath and open up the window, quietly. I gently land on the floor and walk towards Addison. Addison has her head down and then she looks up. As her gaze meets mine, her eyes go wide with shock. She quickly turns around and looks at me.

"Who are you?" She asks scared. She stands up and backs into the dresser. Nocking a few things over in the process.

"Addison, it's me," I say, with my voice distorted.

I then realize that I forgot to take off my mask. Mistake number one. I start to walk towards her, and I take off my mask. Her face drops, it's as if she's seen a ghost.

"Oh sweet lord," she breathes out.

She runs up to me and embraces me in a hug. I stay there frozen for a moment. I drop my mask and hug her back. I've kinda forgotten what it's like to be hugged. We just stay like that for a good minute. Taking each other in.

"You're so lucky that my makeup it waterproof," she says with a laugh, but I can tell that she's crying.

Or at least, trying not to. I can start to feel my own tears well up in my eyes. I then pull back and look at her. She's gorgeous. Everything about her is. Her hair, all the way down to the brush stroke on her nails.

"Where the hell did you go? Why are you dressed like this? And what's up with the make up?" She questions. But then she hugs me again. I end up laughing at this.

"I can't fully tell you," I tell her in a melancholy tone. My voice sounds raspy and harsh.

"I just," I pause. "I wanted to wish you and, uhh.." Shoot I forgot his name. What was his name?

"John?" She says confused.

"Yes John, I wanted to wish you and John the best with your marriage. And I wanted you to know that I don't hate you," I confess.

"We weren't the best family towards you," she says. Suddenly the door bursts open.

"Addison! Are you ok? We heard noises," Jess expresses. Then they all go pale.

"Mace?" Sharon breaths. I give a weak smile. I know that they shouldn't be seeing me, but it's too late now. Besides, this could be the last time I see them.

"Mace, why are you dressed like that?" Monica asks.

"Your face looks so thin," Sharon adds. She walks up to me and places her hand on my cheek. I can see the tears threaten to fall from her eyes.