six

ryan's pov

"did I..." I was afraid to finish.

she nodded her head, speaking quietly. "yeah."

"oh God I'm so sorry Ariana. I swear I didn't even know what was happening." I felt so bad but on the inside I thought "she let me kiss her."

"well yeah, after more babbling and having to offer extra credit for next year to some of my students to get you out of there, I took you to cassidy's. you said you'd been staying there. so I texted her from your phone telling her what was going on and I helped bring you inside then went home. oh I also fixed my name in your phone." she said, her smile returning.

"that makes sense. I was wondering. but oh n- dude I'm so fucking sorry. I kind of just let loose yesterday." I said, placing my hand on top of hers as a sort of reflex. she looked down at my hand and back up at me. I couldn't read her expression.

"I get it, you were talking about not getting into Stanford and how your plans were all fucked up. I get why you needed that. I'm so sorry, I know it was your dream." she said, moving her finger to rub against my palm. she looked at me, making eye contact.

"oh." i thought to myself, still unsure of what was happening in her mind or mine.

"I've got other options so I'll be fine." I expressed as I rubbed my finger across her hand, which she quickly moved away.

"well I wanted to meet up with you and talk this out. I don't date students. I never will." she says, fiddling with her fingers. "I've had so much fun getting to know you and I'd love to remain your friend. just friends."

"that's cool by me. I didn't mean to call you and ruin your night, so for that I'm sorry." I say, catching Ariana's eyes and locking onto them.

"I know. apology accepted. sooo, friends?" she brings out her hand to shake mine.

"Friends." I shake her hand. I held her hand for a second longer, taking note of the tattoos on her finger, rubbing my thumb along one that went down hers. she reluctantly pulls it away and engages in a conversation.

we sat for a while sitting and talking as she teased me about last night. we got in some laughs about it and we were surely at ease about it right now. after about an hour, I receive a text on my phone.

---

cass💍: hey where are you honey?

ryan: just meeting a friend for coffee before they leave.

cass💍: oh okay my love. when will you be home?

ryan: in about thirty or so minutes

cass💍: good, I have something waiting for you. 😉🥳

ryan: can't wait.

---

"hey, I've gotta leave soon. let's do this again?" I say as I stand up.

with that, we go our separate ways, promising to keep in touch and what not. before we left, we shared a hug. this felt natural. my long arms around her shoulders as she cuddled into my chest. I take in her fragrance, one of my favorite things about her. this hug lasted a while until someone walked in behind us. we both pulled away immediately, saying bye and heading to our cars.

I head home thinking about our talk. I can't believe I called Ariana drunk and then went on to kiss her. I had dreamt about it since I developed that little crush on her. which I guess, seems to be bigger than little. before I knew it I was pulling up to Cassidy's house. I had told my dad I would be staying here for the weekend.