fifteen

my apologies for the lengthy of this chapter.

Ryan's pov

New years eve

it was weird. if I had any issues, I would just talk to Cassidy. if I was going through anything, I knew to just call her and ask her opinion and she would lead me in the right direction. but in this instance, I can't do that. I literally cheated on her. even worse, I'm lying to her about it.

it had been a few days since Ariana and I broke that barrier, you know, the one between friends and friends that fuck.

I have to admit that I liked her but I needed advice on what I should do. I knew there was one person who could help me and she was sitting in my living room, days after Christmas.

"Marina, can we talk about something? I really need some help. I'm so confused." I ask my older sister.

"sure lil bro, what's up?" she looks up at me through the furrow in her eyebrow.

"can we go in my room?" I ask her pointing up the stairs.

"omg this is gonna be SO juicy." she gets up and walks away going up to my room that is already open.

as we make our way into my room, I start to think about how to break things down to my sister and I figure it will be easiest to just rip the bandage off. I close my door behind me as my sister takes a seat in my gaming chair.

"alright, so you know I have a girlfriend." I start off.

"no, the girl in your room for the past week was just a ghost. I'm guessing what you're about to tell me is why she left so angry yesterday?" my sister asks, rolling her eyes slightly.

"she was upset? she just said she wanted to see her family." I was shocked, I genuinely thought everything was fine but to learn she was upset made all the difference.

"yes, keep up. so continue." Marina was ready to know what I wasn't ready to tell.

"I guess it's easier if I start off by saying I cheated on Cassidy." I blurted it out, it seemed easier to start out with that.

"and she found out?" Marina was shocked but she was not dumbfounded.

"not really, I mean, I don't think so." I don't think she knew but I also could have been wrong. clearly I didn't realize she was upset when she left.

"start from the beginning Ryan." Marina sits up from her previously laid back position and looks at me.

"it started before graduation. Do you remember Ms. grande?" I ask awaiting her answer.

"oh yes, she started working there when I was a senior. but what does she have to do with anything?" Marina asked, confused.

"well she made me go to tutoring because I started failing my classes. long story short, we became friends after I graduated and we've been hanging out and on Christmas night, we cheated with each other." I put my head down into my hands.

"Ryan, what the fuck is wrong with you? genuinely. and wait.. wasn't Cassidy here the night of Christmas?" Marina stands over me.

"I know. I just- I don't know." I try to complete my sentence but I can't.

"dude? do you at least have a reason why you did it? It's not valid but I want to know." she said, sitting down on the bed turning towards me.

"I don't. Ariana and I have gotten so close over the last few months. our attraction is undeniable and we got so close once Cassidy left for Stanford. we would go out almost everyday, as friends. but then things start changing."