May to June 2024 | 8 Chapter Challenge

The #JustWriteIt 8-Chapter Challenge

Do you have a great story concept lurking in a corner?

The @justwriteit profile challenges you to take the plunge and write that story! 

How does it work?

This challenge is for writers who have a great story concept, or ongoing story, but who have yet to find the motivation to sit down and write.

This 8-chapter challenge will run from 1 May to 30 June 2024 (midnight EST). You will have two months during which we challenge you to write 8 NEW chapters of your story.

But why join the challenge?

One of the biggest keys to success on Wattpad is posting regularly: it helps you build an audience by earning their trust and helps you develop the habit of writing regularly. The 8 Chapter Challenge is an opportunity to challenge yourself to build the skills, discipline, and habits that turn readers into fans and help your story succeed! It's also a chance to explore a concept or premise before committing to it.

After every challenge, Wattpad Content Education will present a guide to the next steps, to help you develop your idea even further, and a selection of promising stories will receive one-on-one coaching from one of our Education specialists!

Wattpad Content Education will contact you via email. There is room in the submission form for you to add an email address if you do not have access to the email account linked to your Wattpad profile.

From the JustWriteIt Team, all those who complete the challenge will receive a sticker for their story cover to celebrate the accomplishment. We will shout out the names of those who've successfully completed the challenge so the community can acknowledge those who've done so brilliantly in the challenge.

So come join a community of writers participating in the 8-Chapter Challenge and start writing your potential next hit story! No matter what your experience or skill level, this challenge is structured to help you explore new ideas, develop existing ones, and to become a better webnovel writer.