Chapter 59

Months went by and it was Zeru's second visit to the Alston's duchy. Aeliana was woken up by Flora and in a daze, she was informed of his arrival. Groggily, she cleaned herself and got dressed before heading to the waiting room.

Walking into the waiting room, she noticed another figure besides Zeru. She cocked her head to the side, staring at the stiff and frozen figure for a mere couple of seconds before saying,

"Violet? You came to visit today?"

Hearing this, Violetta turned to her direction and ran over to her side, wrapping her arm around hers.

"Eli! Thank goodness you're here so quick!"

Aeliana had a puzzled look plastered on her face, "Why? What's wrong?"

A sigh was heard, "She's overthinking this. Nothing happened except for my arrival in the waiting room." Zeru said, massaging his nape as he got up from the couch.

He stood opposite them and shot a look at Violetta who flinched and clung onto Aeliana further. He sighed again and added, "Although, I was here first and she just barged in so I'm not at fault here for anything either."

"I—"

"Eli, who is he?" Violetta whispered into her ear, side-eyeing Zeru who was unfazed.

Aeliana glanced at him before clearing her throat. This was a good opportunity for her to introduce both of them to each other anyway. Using her hand, she politely introduced,

"Violet, this is Zeru. He saved me from getting kidnapped a few months back, it's the incident I informed you about when you previously visited me. Zeru, this is Violetta Silvanus, my best friend."

Violetta gasped, "Oh! So this is the person who saved you? My apologies for the impression I made! I thought you were some stranger that barged into here.."

"Apology accepted." Zeru nodded and turned to Aeliana, shooting her a smile.

She felt shivers run down her spine at his unusual smile. He took hold of her hand and spoke,

"Now that everything is settled, Aeliana, let's go outside for today! I learnt a new magic trick from my master recently. Oh and Lady Violetta, would you like to come with us as well?"

"I would love to! Let's go Eli!"

Aeliana accepted the invitation and simply followed the two of them along to the back of the duchy. Walking further away from the mansion, they stopped at the large empty grass field. Aeliana and Violetta sat down under a large shady tree while Zeru stood in the middle of the field.

He folded his sleeves and stretched his body before turning to the two girls.

"Are you ready to see the new spell?" he asked, excitement obviously splattered across his face.

Violetta nodded, her eyes shining brightly, just as excited as Zeru was. Aeliana showed him a thumbs up.

He faced forward and inhaled deeply. Muttering a long sentence under his breath, the air around Aeliana and Violetta shifted. The winds that were once brushing playfully against their skin soon calmed. However, the grass around Zeru began to shake harshly as the wind surrounded his body.

Zeru slowly extended his hand out and within a matter of seconds, the large current of wind that once surrounded him was shot forward. The aftermath of the spell caused gusts of air to be flung around haphazardly.

Soon, silence fell upon them. Zeru puffed his chest up proudly before whipping his head back to the girls.

"What do you think?" he asked, adrenaline rushing in his veins before he gasped at the scene.