Chapter 61

Please support me on Patreon or Ko-fi!

There were carriages lining up, waiting for their turn to head inside the academy. Aeliana peeked her head out the window, wanting to see how far the line was. Although they tried to arrive early, many carriages were still in front of them.

"Eli don't do that, it's dangerous." Cassian scolded as he pulled her back.

"Dad, how long will it take before it is our turn?" she asked, still trying to peek outside the window.

Cassian glanced outside and answered, "Perhaps around fifteen to thirty minutes?"

Aeliana nodded and listened to her father. The carriage slowly inched closer to the academy and after twenty-five minutes, Aeliana and her father got off.

"Return back around early evening."

"Yes Your Grace," the coachman bowed his head before leaving.

Cassian extended his hand out towards Aeliana and tenderly spoke, "Let's go inside."

Giddily, Aeliana held his hand, letting the warmth envelop her smaller hand. She followed her father into the academy, eyeing on everything. From the way the exterior was designed to the small details that added more life to the place.

"Dad is this where I'll go once I'm twelve?" she innocently asked, taking in the beautiful scenery in front of her.

She heard her father chuckle and respond, "Of course but you must work hard to pass the entrance exam, do you think you're up for it?"

She shifted her gaze to her father and with a decisive expression written all over her face, she responded, "I will study harder to get in!"

Cassian had a pleased look on his face as he heard her answer. They continued walking, following a person who was guiding them together with a few other people. They were brought into a large auditorium and were seated accordingly to the names written on the chairs.

Aeliana and her father were seated in the front row. As she talked with her father to pass the time, a melody played out before a loud voice came through the floating greenish orbs around the auditorium.

"Attention to all parents and students, the event will soon begin in five minutes. Please be seated, thank you."

The orbs stopped flashing green and the voice disappeared. Aeliana stared at them with fascination.

"Dad was that a magic tool?"

Cassian glanced at the floating orb and nodded, "Yes Eli, magic tools are made by the Tower and are solds for high prices depending on the tools created."

Aeliana listened to his words and began to wonder if any tools were created to communicate, like a mobile phone.

'I'm gonna ask Zeru the next time we meet.'

She decided if there were no communication tools that could act remotely close to a mobile phone, then she was going to learn how to make magic tools and make one!

Cassian noticed her eyes burning with passion. He smiled to himself, unsure what was going on in her head.

"Mother, how long until it starts?"

"Be patient, they only announced that it will begin shortly."

Aeliana heard familiar voices to her left. Turning, she met eyes with Silvius, who was just as surprised as her. He furrowed his eyebrows before speaking,

"Lady Aeliana?"

"Lord Silvius," she replied, nodding at him.

Madam D' Aramitz leaned forward and gasped, "Oh why hello! Didn't expect to see you and Your Grace here."