Chapter 4

Dear Wattpad Family,

In just a few days with first three chapters of the book, we have already hit 1k+ reads. This is overwhelming response, your support and love for Anna is helping her move forth in life.

Thank you!

Xoxo

*****

Aesthetics for the episode:

<3

"What are you doing here?"

The voice belonged to no one other than Mr. Hopkins, the principal himself.

My mind raced as I placed the register on the desk and turned to face him, praying he hadn't caught on to my unauthorized presence.

"Um, hello, Mr. Hopkins! How are you today?"

I forced a cheerful tone, trying to mask the tremor in my voice. When he didn't immediately respond, I swallowed hard and continued, "I came to check if I was marked present. Ms. Tee called my home asking why I wasn't in class, but I was actually in the art room, finishing up the piece you requested for the orphan house."

"Oh, I see. I'm doing well, thank you. And is the painting ready?"

His eyes sparkled with interest, and relief flooded through me as I realized I could finally breathe again.

"Yes, it's almost finished. I'll show it to you shortly," I replied, a genuine smile spreading across my face. Before I could say more, the door swung open, striking Mr. Hopkins on the shoulder.

"Mr. Hopkins? Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" Ms. Tee rushed forward, her emerald eyes wide with concern.

Suppressing a laugh, I watched the exchange, relieved to have dodged a potentially disastrous situation.

"I'm fine, Ms. Tee, just a minor bump. No harm done," Mr. Hopkins reassured her, then turned back to me. "Make sure Anna is marked present, and please, show her the appreciation she deserves for her contribution to the orphan house project."