Sugar cube for one

Tick..

Tock...

The clocks ticks were the only sound filling the room, but that did not mean it was empty.

Draco huffed as he leaned over the glass jar, his fingers narrowly escaping the cube of sugar that he was heaving to get.

It wasn't easy being four inches tall. Not for him, at least.

He wished to be a human, not a borrower. A borrower had to work hard to survive, stay hidden and out of sight; while a human could thrive in socialisation with everything at their fingertips.

He grasped the edge of the sugar cube and jerked his arm back, pulling it closer. With both hands, he lifted it above the rim of the jar and shoved it into his little bag made of various pieces of fabric sewed together by a thread.

Draco slung the bag onto his shoulder and unfurled his rope which included a tiny anchor (Which was really just made out of a couple of bent paper clips glued together). He hooked it to the counter and let the rope plummet to the floor before he took himself down, his feet slowly hit the ground and he yanked the anchor off of the counter, letting it fall beside him.

He picked it up and folded it, attaching it to his bag.

And off to home he went, just as the human returned home.