Was it him?

She left to her company, walking into the building where she saw the boss and the secretary already waiting

She left to her company, walking into the building where she saw the boss and the secretary already waiting. Her secretary approached her and guided her into the conference hall. The project discussion went smoothly and was quite successful. With a composed demeanor, she walked back to her room, hiding any sign of the panic attack stirring within her. However, her assistant noticed something was amiss.

As she entered the room, she thought,

Wasn't it Rocco...?

Yesterday she heard his name. She remembered Rocco, the dangerous, terrifying mafia. Determined, she convinced herself to confront him.

It's not the same person, i--it-its not him He doesn't have anything to take from me. I loved him once, but not again..."

All those thoughts rushed through her mind like a flood...........

Suddenly, panic engulfed her. She felt trapped in the dark, struggling to breathe as her vision began to blur.

As the secretary entered her cabin, she found Jennifer lying down. She called her

"Jen Jen,"

but there was no response. Worried, she called the doctor. After the doctor checked her, he said she had a panic attack.

"I've given her an injection that should calm her down," the doctor informed. "Don't overstress her. She'll be okay, but it will take time."

JENNIFER POV

"Mom! Mom! Open the door, please!"

Jennifer's voice trembled with fear as she pounded on the door.

"Dad! Dad, please!"

They had locked her in the dark room. The heavy, oppressive darkness seemed to swallow her whole. She could barely breathe; her heart raced as panic surged through her veins. Tears streamed down her face, and her hands shook as she desperately rattled the doorknob, but it remained firmly locked.

The only mercy they had shown was leaving a bottle of water within her reach so she wouldn't die of thirst.

"Please, let me out!"

she sobbed, her voice barely more than a whisper. But there was no response, just the echoing silence of the room, which seemed to suffocate her further. She felt abandoned, trapped, and utterly helpless.

This was more than just a panic attack. It was a nightmare, a living nightmare, and she didn't know if she would ever wake up from it.

MINJI POV

Her secretary, also her best friend, Minji, rushed in and found Jennifer lying unconscious on the sofa. Jennifer trembled and shivered, shaking her head while tears streamed down her face. Minji ran beside her, gently placing her hand on her and patting her, whispering,

"It's going to be okay."

"My girl has been through a lot,"

Minji thought, feeling a pang of empathy.

"Parents' abuse, terrifying failed love life, and being a single mom. But she's slaying it with her daughter; that's the only thing that brings her true happiness."

Minji remembered yesterday's meeting with Rocco, and it terrified her.

"I thought he was the man she ran away from, but it was just a stranger. Thank God I felt like looking up to him when I heard his name."

She comforted Jennifer, hoping she would recover soon from this ordeal.

(A/N) :SORRY for the late update guyss but still i love you guyss .thank you smmm for the support ❤️

Cant believe its #Top 3 on starting fresh ...thank you smmm guyss ..this means alot <3

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS PART. Please vote, follow me, and don't forget to share. Thank you.❤️😭🫶🏻